• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Weiand 8011 intake manifold

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
My 302 has an 8011 Weiand intake and is leaking from the rear

I can't find this model on their website and they are closed for holidays

anyone know if this intake is the same as the 8010 ?

Really want to know if gaskets will be readily available

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
The 8010 is for 351M/400 engines so its not the same. As far as gaskets go standard 302 intake gaskets will work so any parts store should have what you need. I personally like to use Felpro P/N 1250 on my 302 intakes but anywill work. Dont use the small cork valley gaskets they always pop out and leak a bead of RTV across the valley holds up much better.

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
that's exactly what happened on this one

RTV gooped on cork gasket and they squeezed out on the rear side of manifold

I have never done the RTV assembly

How much do I put on and how long do I wait for it to set up prior to mounting the manifold ?

by the way...........do you guys normally leave distributor in place ? It looks like it could be done if you were talented enough

I on the other hand, took it out

:)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While you can leave the dist in place I like to pull it so I can set the manifold straight down without possibly messing up the RTV bead. I also use about a 1/8 in bead of RTV but I dont wait I put the manifold on directly after applying the RTV most of the time its pretty warm here so the cure time is fast. So if its cold out you may want to give it a little time but I figure if its still wet it will spread out and seal better than if it has skimmed over. I try to let my intakes sit over night before I drive it so the RTV has a chance to fully set up. But I have slapped everything back together and ran them with no problems either.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
One of the best investments I've made it intake manifold studs. You can put the manifold on straight in the dark! BTW, I always use the Felpro 1250 and I use the cork end pieces that come with it. I've never had a leak. Just put it together before your second beer.

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
totally screwed this up need help

thanks for all the good advice

I think I got it back together ok..........had some trouble with distiributor but we will see what happens when I start it later today / tomorrow

now for the COLOSSAL SCREW UP..................

I forgot to drain the coolant before disassembly

cleaned up the oil galley and will change oil..............just wondering what else needs to be done ?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Thats about it as long as you drain the water out before startup your fine. Live and learn bet you wont do that again.

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I feel like I was so busy trying to think of everything that I forgot the first step

your right though.............I won't do that again

I am also going to pull the plugs and turn it over to make sure nothing in the cylinders

I appreciate all your help