• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Do You Think????

armor4u

What Do You Guys Think The Best Suspension System On The Market Is Today? For Over All Performance,good Flex Offroad,good Street Manners,easy To Install. It's So Hard To Find The Best Of All Worlds.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
This is completely a loaded question...if you wanted to buy all the components from one company, I would say Cage...their long arms are the bomb, their dual shock mounts are also very trick and look great and their shocks also receive rave reviews. I have heard nothing but good about their springs. I will be running their arms, dual mounts, shocks. I opted for deaver springs from a different supplier...I also got several other smaller components from various places.

The reason why this is a loaded Q, is that there are some other components needed to pull off the susp. lift that either Cage doesnt sell or that better options are offered by other vendors. A track bar axle riser bracket is a better option than a drop track bar bracket...there are a couple of options for the axle riser brackets, but the best I have seen is the WH one ( or you can fab one yourslef--do a search). Extended brake lines, and a few other things will be needed and I dont believe Cage offers those smaller parts. IF you get the "complete Cage kit", there are a few things that come with it that you may or may not need, so it really just depends on how far you want to go. To get the best (at least among the better) suspension components as far as travel, articulation, handling, on-road performance all in ONE place...you are looking at spending about $1700-2K for all the parts--even as a kit. You can buy such a 'kit' form JBG or WH, BUT some parts you may want (to change out or upgrade to) may or may not be available through that particular vendor as well. While its often nice to 'buy it all at one place'; it may be a better idea to source the different components from two or three vendors...but ultimately its up to you, how you drive, where you will drive, how much you want to spend and what your end goals are. Just some food for thought.

kntr

Bronco Guru
My COMPLETE kit cost me over $3k from BC broncos.....

When I say complete, I mean longer splined drivelines, rear axle shims, castor corrector, e-brake cables, brake lines, taller front hoops, inboard rear shock kit, and then the actual lift. No one actually sells a COMPLETE kit in my opinion. A complete kit to me is a kit that covers ever part to do the lift correctly. You dont need all the part I mentioned but if you want it done correctly and completly you do. You can get away with less parts but.....

You can order any kit but you will probably buy more parts to do the lift complete after you are done.

I think you cant do wrong with a BC Bronco, Cage, or WH lift. I like the ride of the BC Broncos lift myself.... a little soft but the Bilsteins help a lot.

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I would look for something with a quality long arm, Cage and Duff are the most popular. For ease of installation BC arms will go in with no cutting or welding, but to get the full flex potential you also need to install the WAH which requires more complicated cutting and welding. For shocks my opinion is to get four quality shocks and stay away from the hype of dual shocks. For the mounts the cheapest route for the front is the F250 mounts, the hoops work just as well for a little more money. In the rear the WH extreme (requires body modifications) or Cross inboard mounts provide the most travel, for on road stability the outboard shock mounts provide better stability, if you have a body lift the cage, duff, or WH outboard dual shock mounts will provide stability and good travel.
With any lift to have good road manners the steering needs to be adjusted to the lift, my preference is using a track bar riser and TRO steering, for better clearance and strength. The standard drop pitman arm and drop track bar bracket will provide the same road manners but don't provide the same strength and ground clearance.
There a lot of choices in Springs and if you choose WH, Cage, Duff, or JBG (superflex line) you will get good results. There are differences between these and many will argue which is better but in reality they are all good with minor differences that make some better in certain situations than others. I would encourage you to consider the cost of shipping, customer service, and price in this decision.