• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is your favorite thing (original or modified) about your Bronco?

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Lets face it, there are some beautiful Bronco's on this site. From highly modified to bone stock. From the 'can't hide money' crowd to the 'saving up for valve covers' crowd. Just thought I would see what one thing that you love about your ride.
Mine would have to be the hood/fender lines profile you see while in the cab driving down the road...something about those little 'bumps' on the fenders that put a smile on my face.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I can’t really pin point any particular item-too many to list. But I can say, driving them after resurrection sure does make me happy.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Suspension/chassis, comfy bombing down a fire road, crawlin the nastiest of trails, running canyon twisties, or bombing down the interstate. Did a little of all of that today;D

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I like the way the front stays level even when you go over a bump with just one front wheel.
Maybe it's the factory sway bar, but it has always fascinated me.

1970 Palmer

I like that all of my "vintage tools" still fit the bolt head sizes!

I'll bet you need to buy a set of Metric wrenches to work on a new 2021 Bronco.

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I like that all of my "vintage tools" still fit the bolt head sizes!

I'll bet you need to buy a set of Metric wrenches to work on a new 2021 Bronco.

I keep a ammo box filled with a handful of wrenches and a screwdriver and a pair of pliers...if you can't fix it with that it can't be fixed

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
It’s a Ford!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They thumbs up I get, new Broncos won’t get that, well maybe in the beginning

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good question...and some great answers. I love driving my old '66 among the sea of heeps around town, and knowing they secretly wish they had a cool Bronco! ;D

Attachments

• 66 eb wash.jpg
    66 eb wash.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 84

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
...Mine would have to be the hood/fender lines profile you see while in the cab driving down the road...something about those little 'bumps' on the fenders that put a smile on my face.

^^^THIS^^^

When I got behind the wheel of my Bronco for the first time to test drive it, never been in one before, many years ago... this was my first thought. How cool are these hood/fender lines. I was hooked! :cool:

Last edited:

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I too love looking through the windshield past the hood/fender lines. Has always been a great view from the first time I got in one! I'd have to say that my favorite thing about my bronco is the patina that I get to look at everytime I walk out to it. :cool:

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Now that the top stays off (retired in Tucson), stainless steel lift off door hinges have to be near the top of my favorite things.

I have always liked the front fender lines since my first one in '77 also!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Its taken me places i would have never been to, places i would like to go back to and places i should never have gone to. Its just the perfect truck and size.

Bradsp8

I love the sound of the 302/V8 with dual exhaust. Mine's a stock '75 so it's a bit of a turd in terms of horsepower but I love the sound especially when creeping along in a parking lot or in town in traffic.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I also love the bumps in the front fenders. I really love the flat out utilitarian dash n interior. Being uncut, I also love the body lines of the rear quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
There are 2 things that are "not original" but were there as long as I can remember. My uncle mounted an altimeter on the ash tray. The Bronco spent most of its early life in the 4 corner states, so I guess it was used with maps when he was off-road to identify his location. The second item was a hand blown peace sign shift knob on the PTO, if you knew him you'd understand. When I restored the Bronco, those 2 things were were placed back to their rightful locations.

Attachments

• 20200907_184357.jpg
    20200907_184357.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 101