• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wheel adaptor spacer?

Cpt7576

Loc.
Queen creek
Im doing a frame off on a 73 Bronco. I finished a 75 Highboy that's blue white with Mickey Thompson with classic locker with removable rings. Since MT stopped making these wheel i'm in the market.
Hear me out... i want to do sister truck so that means when i'm done with bronco it will look similar to my highboy. Wheels are key point.

So I found some wheel in CL but they are 5-4.5 since my bronco is 5- 5.5 lug pattern. IF i decided to get the adapter/spacer if that's possible? Would the wheels rub/stick way out and look stupid on the Bronco?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Most if not all 5 on 4.5 wheels have too small of a hole through the center for the front hubs on a Bronco to fit.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The shortest wheel adapter you can make work safely is going to be about 1" thick, as that allows for enough material under the inner lug nuts and still enough room for the acorn style nuts without interfering with the wheel. That means that you will effectively be reducing the backspacing of the wheel by that same amount.

brewchief

Can you still buy the same wheels without the rings? If so OMF does beadlock conversions and I believe they also offer a faux beadlock that has the ring but doesn't do anything.