• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to offroad/trail ride in Southwest Florida? Any ideas?

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Now that I finished my Bronco, where can I trail ride in Southwest Florida? I have heard of a place called Bear Island down 41, but some say it is really muddy and you need a permit to go there. I'd like to keep it trails. She is too nice to bury in the mud.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Lets be realistic, there isnt much in Southwest, Southeast or really anywhere in FL that isnt anything but mud, surf and sand...until you get close to or north of I-10. Halopaw was cool and fun, but you cant avoid the mud...I got over it. The afternoon we left there and headed south, we spent about 1.5 hrs at a carwash in West Palm Beach and still had alot of mud and plant material caked in there. Its been washed a few times more since then and there is still some south Florida probably under there in some places. The engine compartment was the hardest to clean...its still got some FL in it too.

You should bring it north for some of the spring/summer gatherings. Be careful, the rocks can be friendly. Have fun.

Last edited:

Trucker_Eric

im in cape coral. there is a place in fort myers called "cook n' brown" and its on cook and brown road off of slater

69 Fl. Bronc

I have a Bear Island permit. Its for my f-150. Its not to bad in some spots but the swamp buggys have ruted up a lot of it. If you want to come up to Punta Gorda we can cruise around Cecil Webb.Pretty good trails. I'm not much for driving through flag ponds either. Be nice to have someone near hear here to cruse with> 941-875-2950 Mike