• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which One is Better???

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Bronco Complete Wire Kit. American Auto Wire or Painless Wire. There is a big price difference.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I recently did an AAW. I'd go with Painless if I had it to do over.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought the Ron Francis and while it looks nicer, I don't think it's as Bronco specific as the painless i went to, which looks just as nice with more Bronco options. I did keep some Francis looms of higher watt headlight, courtesy lights, security loop etc.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Painless worked really well and was super easy in my 66 Mustang, but that was back in 2012 when they were only $850...bout $200 more now but what are ya gonna do

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I've installed both and painless is much more installer friendly and well thought out.

Bronco Maniac

I have only installed the Painless. It was good quality, easy to work with, good instructions (all eighty pages or so) and excellent customer support when questions arise.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I've installed Centech wiring harness and like it, I've used painless wiring on other projects and like it to, I think it all comes down to cost and good instruction and support.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the Ron Francis stuff is more aligned to rat/hot rodders.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
69broncofun - Choosing a wire harness really depends on your Bronco.

I have used both Painless and American Auto Wire. Both are excellent quality and you really can't go wrong with either.

Is your Bronco going to remain completely stock? Then the Painless is almost a direct Plug-n-Play with only a few wires to modify length and terminate.

If you are going with a 3G Alternator, maybe some Electric Gauges and EFI with VSS then American Autowire is a better choice. I prefer this way because I install all Weather Pack terminals and connectors anyway.

The Painless system has A LOT of Extra B+ and Switched leads for lights and other components. Maybe too many. Ones not used, remove the related fuse and no worries.

American Auto Wire has a few extra B+ and Switched Leads and seems about the right amount.

My only complaint is that the AAW does not use Original Factory Ford wire Colors. Painless does.