• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which tank is primary?

First73

Just bought my first classic Bronco. I've only driven it 100 yard from the transporter to my garage.
It's a '73 302 AT Ranger survivor. It has an AUX fuel tank but.....which one is the primary? Any recommendations on octane rating for this truck? I'm planning to run non-ethanol whenever I can.
Thanks in advance!

BOBS 2 68S

Loc.
Hudson, CO
You all might help First 73 on the dash switch and floor valve. I don't remember the floor valve direction to witch tank.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
You all might help First 73 on the dash switch and floor valve. I don't remember the floor valve direction to witch tank.

If they are hooked up as original, the gauge toggle points to the drivers door for the main(rear) tank. The valve handle should point in the same direction. Not the pointer on the handle, the handle itself should point to the door.