• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Saginaw pump upgrade \ 5.0 Mustang Dress -AC Delete (Factory Ford non AC Mustang)

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
I have a 5.0 Mustang front dress from a Mustang that came without AC.
The PS Bracket is the same as the Ford Racing AC eliminator kit sold as an accessory, but it is in fact a stock 5.0 non AC PS bracket.
I have a stock 77 4 turn box

I reached out to Wild horses and they seem to think that their 5.0 Saginaw bracket (WH Part 2032) only works with the ford 5.0 bracket that holds both the AC and PS pump and other parts may be needed if using an AC eliminator (or in my case stock non ac car bracket.) They could not provide insight other than suggestion Ford Racing AC eliminator kit.-seems odd to me.

Can someone who has upgraded their 5.0 PS pump to saginaw, with the stock non AC or Ford Racing AC eliminator PS bracket confirm what I need? I'm mostly concerned about the PS pump itself as I recall the Non AC cars have the pump clocked a little different, but with them saying I need more hardware, I'd like more info.

Below is my list: (all Wild Horses)
1) Delphi/Sag 5.0 Pump Bracket 2032 - $99.99
2) HD Delphi Pump w/Serpentine Pulley 2462 - $209.99
3) High Pressure PS Hose - Stock box to Delphi pump 2120 - $64.99

Thanks!

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Explorer front dress and the Saginaw bracket would be one of my top choices.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thought I was only upgrading my PS box, but if you're offering to pay for the parts, install them and make sure all else is well, lets do it!
Explorer front dress can be found very cheap, thats why I suggested it, I paid less then 100 for all of it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have a 5.0 Mustang front dress from a Mustang that came without AC.
The PS Bracket is the same as the Ford Racing AC eliminator kit sold as an accessory, but it is in fact a stock 5.0 non AC PS bracket.
I have a stock 77 4 turn box

I reached out to Wild horses and they seem to think that their 5.0 Saginaw bracket (WH Part 2032) only works with the ford 5.0 bracket that holds both the AC and PS pump and other parts may be needed if using an AC eliminator (or in my case stock non ac car bracket.) They could not provide insight other than suggestion Ford Racing AC eliminator kit.-seems odd to me.

Can someone who has upgraded their 5.0 PS pump to saginaw, with the stock non AC or Ford Racing AC eliminator PS bracket confirm what I need? I'm mostly concerned about the PS pump itself as I recall the Non AC cars have the pump clocked a little different, but with them saying I need more hardware, I'd like more info.

Below is my list: (all Wild Horses)
1) Delphi/Sag 5.0 Pump Bracket 2032 - $99.99
2) HD Delphi Pump w/Serpentine Pulley 2462 - $209.99
3) High Pressure PS Hose - Stock box to Delphi pump 2120 - $64.99

Thanks!
I sure wish I had the wayback machine to recover a page I wrote for the AZ Classic Broncos webpage years ago where I documented exactly what you're wanting to do - this was back before the Explorer front dress was a thing. Yes, I can confirm that the WH PN 2032 only works with the A/C and P/S bracket combo. You can also ping @lars here as he designed that bracket years ago. I used the FRPP AC eliminator PS bracket when I first did my 5.0 swap in 1997 - and kept the Ford C-II pump. A few years later I figured out how to swap in a Saginaw pump easily to that front dress using only Ford parts - it required a mounting bracket between the water pump and the pump bracket from a non-AC 5.0 Mustang - I think only 82-84 were the years that worked and by chance I found one right when I needed it. As I recall, I used a Saginaw pump bracket from a late 70s big Lincoln, the aforementioned rare-as-hens-teeth non-AC Mustang 5.0 bracket, and a spacer to go between the bracket and the block (again from a Ford car of some sort). Plus a Saginaw pump and serpentine pulley. It all fit together like it came from the factory and worked really well. A few years later it all went away when I converted to the Explorer front dress :).

Todd Z.

OP
OP
B

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
I sure wish I had the wayback machine to recover a page I wrote for the AZ Classic Broncos webpage years ago where I documented exactly what you're wanting to do - this was back before the Explorer front dress was a thing. Yes, I can confirm that the WH PN 2032 only works with the A/C and P/S bracket combo. You can also ping @lars here as he designed that bracket years ago. I used the FRPP AC eliminator PS bracket when I first did my 5.0 swap in 1997 - and kept the Ford C-II pump. A few years later I figured out how to swap in a Saginaw pump easily to that front dress using only Ford parts - it required a mounting bracket between the water pump and the pump bracket from a non-AC 5.0 Mustang - I think only 82-84 were the years that worked and by chance I found one right when I needed it. As I recall, I used a Saginaw pump bracket from a late 70s big Lincoln, the aforementioned rare-as-hens-teeth non-AC Mustang 5.0 bracket, and a spacer to go between the bracket and the block (again from a Ford car of some sort). Plus a Saginaw pump and serpentine pulley. It all fit together like it came from the factory and worked really well. A few years later it all went away when I converted to the Explorer front dress :).

Todd Z.
Thanks Todd. Do you know what the actual issue is? The Non AC and the AC PS bracket uses the same aluminum mount for the CII pump. The logical thought is the 2032 bracket that replaces the aluminum mount, so I'm wondering if it's a clearance issue or a clocking issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brianstrange

Bronco Guru

Todd Z.
Todd, I found someone on the Facebook page that did it and can confirm that its a clocking issue. the fill cap points at 10:30 so they added mass to the ford brackets to make it work. Thanks for your help.