• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will I ever finish?

OP
OP
57baja

57baja

Contributor
Why not have both...I've had my 75 since 1996, added suspension, gears and lockers, wheeled for 2 years, built a hot motor/painted/redone the suspension to accommodate 38's...wheeled like that till the mid 2000's when I got tired of breaking dana 44 parts, bought 60's, sold the built factory axles and it's been on jack stands ever since...been working on my dad's 69 half cab since covid, doing a frame/suspension/drivetrain rebuild...bought a rzr xp4 and rode it for 3 years, then upgraded in 22 to a turbo S and as far as off road trail riding goes a bronco will never come close to the speed/comfort a sxs offers.

It would be nice but 35k is a lot of money, then i would fall into the same thing as with the bronco, upgrade the motor because 200hp would be ok until you get bored, bigger tires, stereo,shocks it never ends. A new pro r would be fun but I'd have to hit the lottery first.

Seattle66

Contributor
My Dad always tells me, do something, then drive it. Do something else, then drive it. Try to keep it on the road, so you stay motivated by being able to drive it between mods. I couldn't agree more. I haven't been able to drive mine for 1.5 years and it's been killing me. I am finally back on the road after custom dash, painless re-wire, new family cage, and new seats. I have new bumpers but am waiting until spring or summer to install, so I can actually drive it for a while.

eb-nutt1

It would be nice but 35k is a lot of money, then i would fall into the same thing as with the bronco, upgrade the motor because 200hp would be ok until you get bored, bigger tires, stereo,shocks it never ends. A new pro r would be fun but I'd have to hit the lottery first.
Rzrs/x3's are definitely money blackholes, lol...only mods to the Turbo S are 35's and beadlocks, changed the gearing in the trans, upgraded frt axles...I will get my 69 going 1st, then build a set of factory axles to go back under the 75, but the eb's will only see road and light trail duty...I have 6 off road parks anywhere from 45 minutes to 4.5hrs away, alot easier/cheaper to load the rzr and hit the trails for a day/weekend then doing the same with the eb's.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Get it on the road! Drive and modify and they will never be done! MY 67 I have had for almost 20 years. I have never had it not drive able for more than a few months. I did drive it a lot at times but it has sat more recently just because life has gotten in the way. But if I wanted I could fire it up and go for a ride. I think if it was taken apart or not drivable I would have sold it. So I say get it drivable and enjoy it!