• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring Harness ~ Explorer dress/ALT, Edelbrock Pro Flo 4

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Cleaning up, repairing my engine bay harness and getting ready for Explorer Alternator, explorer starter, and Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 install along with my refreshed 5.0 etc…

I am repairing any damaged wires/plugs but also looking to clean up/delete anything not needed.

Starting relay/voltage regulator, some of this will not be needed correct?

Can all 3 Voltage regulator wires be deleted? How far back? (Yellow, grn w red, orange)

Starting relay, move/extend any of these? (Red/blue, brown, black + yellow wire fusible link?)

PFA only

82c159ca21755e2b11511f9ef9109970.jpg

599dbad736986a2c8c025d671a075602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ether

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
fc9d6498e9deed8b4c2d2afc448d91a7.jpg

Red/blue and brown wire from Starter solenoid small posts….delete?

3bba075f3f6340761488708bf33fd958.jpg

3 wires that went to OEM alternator, orange, large solid black, large black with yellow stripe?

Black/red ground? Or neg side of battery?

Black with yellow, battery? Delete?

Orange came from voltage regulator, delete?

4850f10b36895fcbb65aa12d75145ed9.jpg

Old coil wire? Delete?

There will be new wire from the Edelbrock setup for the coil…this one not needed?

OP
OP
Ether

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Also, the large black wire from the + side of the starter solenoid, does this get moved to the positive side of the battery?

OP
OP
Ether

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
@DirtDonk do you mind giving me some guidance here? I'm sorry for the tag, but you have helped so many people with these issues. I have read everything I can find, but every scenario is a little different and my understanding is still not 100%

I asked essentially the same Q's on my build page in Chat.

My configuration:
Explorer 5.0 Alternator
New 95 F250 manual trans starter (mini/gear reduction)
Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 with its distributor and a "regular" coil

I have removed the Voltage regulator wires, but saved the 904 Green/red wire for the new Alt.

Not sure what to do with the Black/yellow wire from the original alternator, delete the old Alt ground? The orange field wire is deleted.

I am switching to a new style 3 post starter relay, leave the large black wire on the positive side of the relay? The red/blue wire should stay on the small post? delete the brown wire?

Where do I source a good 12v for the ProFlo? add a relay?

Thanks for any help, I'll keep reading. Feel free to tag another expert!