• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiw James Duff fiberglass rack

Mrtoni

So I have this roof rack that’s never been mounted for eb. I’m sure it’s a Duff one from 80’s. Talked to a gentleman in LA who reproduces the K5 blazer Hickey racks that are similar but the Duff one can be cut to accommodate cibie lights in the frame. He says there no market to reproduce these although he gets $550 for the hickey ones. Is it worth trying to repro them? What’s it worth?

Thanks

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
So you want to know what a Duffs roof rack that you are going to steal the design and reproduce is worth? I would guess nothing to most here unless you get the approval from the Duffs.

Beyond that probably very limited market, those who want hardtops often don't want to drill and modify. The look from the 80's in general isn't in style so it would be a tough market.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I’m guessing if there was a market then Duff’s would still be making/selling them.

OP
OP
M

Mrtoni

I forgot about copyright stuff was only thinking prople might want them reproduce. Hickey ones are now held on with 3m double sided tape to avoid drilling. Thanks

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I always liked those racks but I'm kind of an old school guy anyway. I'm sure the market would be pretty limited. And yes, if you want to repop - do it through the proper channels.

Todd Z.

yakelys69

Put yours up for sale and see what you get and how many interested to get an idea, then follow the advice above.