• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA WTB - Roll Bar

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
City: Fremont
Looking for a roll bar for my 1969 Bronco. I am hoping that someone has a roll bar that they removed that is in decent condition. Don't want a full cage, but would prefer a San Felipe style or Stroppe style bar.

I know that I can buy new. But hopefully someone has one in Northern CA, or someone can meet at the Wild Horses Round up in May. e-mail jamesroney@yahoo.com

Thanks!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I would suggest, Cage Dave, aka: Dave Virga... Virga Customs. He has made me a few single hoop bars with 3-point seatbelt mounts.

I will text you his contact, located in Fair Oaks, CA.

LHardin

Before you buy a used roll bar, make sure that the tubing has thick walls and that there is little to no rust on the inside in case you have to test it some day. Reminds me of a chrome roll bar I came across with the tubing walls about 1/16" thick (all show, no go).

Bronco-Brian

Contributor
Loc.
Lake Oswego, OR
I've got one just like bronconut1 has posted. Sides bolt at the main hoop. $250. Maybe shipping is less from Oregon. I'll be at Tom's rock and roll as well, so might be able to bring it then if you plan to come.

OP
OP
J

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
I've got one just like bronconut1 has posted. Sides bolt at the main hoop. $250. Maybe shipping is less from Oregon. I'll be at Tom's rock and roll as well, so might be able to bring it then if you plan to come.
Thanks! I think shipping will cost too much. Looks like Tom's even is July 18. Medford is about 1/2 way, so if I don't find anything before then...I will reach out to you.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
James I’ll have to take a closer look , what I have is over at my parents house . It the hoop at the seats and slide ant bolt kickrs that go down at 45* to behind wheel tubs.. But it was for a half cab so the hoop is pushed back 6 inches about,

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
James I’ll have to take a closer look , what I have is over at my parents house . It the hoop at the seats and slide ant bolt kickrs that go down at 45* to behind wheel tubs.. But it was for a half cab so the hoop is pushed back 6 inches about,
Might want to measure the height, the half cab bars I've seen are taller if they are for the bed area...

LHardin

Before you buy a used roll bar, make sure that the tubing has thick walls and that there is little to no rust on the inside in case you have to test it some day. Reminds me of a chrome roll bar I came across with the tubing walls about 1/16" thick (all show, no go).
May also want to look at how it mounts to your frame. Some roll bars/cages only screw into the tub floor and could push through in a roll over event. Some mount to the chassis which can eliminate chassis/tub flex when off roading. I understand that some have attached their family roll caged to the frame at the front kick panels, behind the front seat and in front of the tailgate causing such rigidity that it causes metal cracking from metal fatigue.

There are several ways to it but please do it safely.