• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yet another Throttle linkage and C4 kickdown set-up question...

jnirenstein

Contributor
Hi all,
Sorry in advance for not finding the thread where this has been beaten like a dead horse.... I have a freshly rebuilt 289 (331 stroker) that I have put a Autolite 4100 on. It's mated with a supposedly "correct" bronco C4. This is all in a 1966 that came with 3 on a tree and a 170.... So it's a bit of a hybrid .... I have no experience with this set-up so I am curious if I might be missing some parts.. CJ pony parts has two kits that might seem appropriate but I'm not sure. They are a Holley "accelerator kickdown linkage adapter," and a "Holley kickdown 4bbl extension." I have a supposedly "factory" kickdown ROD. NOT Adjustable. and I'm using the TBP Throttle linkage and bell crank kit. Here are some photos below. My questions are:

1. Am I missing a spring that should connect from the kickdown or Throttle linkage somewhere that goes Forward to a connect near or under the Dashpot mount?
2. Do I need the extension to get the kickdown rod to work correctly? (Currently it is not actuating any downshift)

Your help is always appreciated!!! tempImageFf3DHt.png tempImageOqBO2H.png tempImagezaEjIF.png tempImageE0j151.png tempImagemcjSlv.png tempImagefea4hh.png