• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for a nut

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I am not aware of anything that is at least grade 5 strength. I would think that would be the minimum that I would want to use. It might be a little of a hassell, but you might be able to buy some 1/8 flat-stock drill all the holes appropriately and then tack-in (min of 3 sides) some grade 8 nuts. Even if it werent a single strip (2 or 3 sections) it would be pretty easy to handle.

I will probably do something like this for the side rails of the bed.

OP
OP
airman

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did steel nut-zerts for the bed rail. I might try that on the windsheild frame too. There are so many fastening points that I bet it doesnt see too much force.

I like the flat stock idea though.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I am looking to find some clip nuts to use on the top of my windshield frame for bolting the hard top on.

I found this http://www.tessco.com/products/imagedisplay.jsp?itemID=25971
but I would rather something tougher. I'm really not sure what to call them.

Any ideas?

How about nutserts? I was also thinking of nut plates, but you need to attach them with two pop rivets, which don't sit flat on top of the top seating surface.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
airman

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I guess there is no less "meat" on the top of the winshield than the bed rail. I don't know what I was afraid of. Why not nut zerts?