• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Looking for the bolt and wing nut that hold the spare tire onto the swing out tire carrier. Or just the bolt size?

4xmatt

City: Escondido
Looking for the wing nut and long bolt for the spare tire carrier on the swing out style. I can find wing nuts in the aftermarket but the bolt only comes in a 70 dollar kit from what I have found. Any help or even the size of the bolt is appreciated. I have everything else.

Blitzen72

Mines got a 3/9" × 6" carriage bolt. The plate and nut that hold the tire in place are originals.

Blitzen72

Fat fingered syndrome.

I meant 3/8"... as in the carriage bolt uses a 3/8" nut. The original bolt had vibrated and shimmied around so much the threads were pretty much gone. I found a galvied carriage bolt in my stash of bolts and nuts that fit the original retainer plate and put it into service.

Is definitely NOT a 3/16" bolt. May actually be a 7 1/2" long one.