• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Lift and Fan Shroud (Over heating issues?)

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
So I'm still "about" to install the 2" body lift that I've had in the garage for the last 10 months but evey time I get up to the point of installing I find a reason to put it off (besides the limited budget).
I know that installing the body lift will re-orient the radiator and make it less efficient (in addition to fact that I already have NO fan shroud).

My question is: Is there a cheap Pick n Pull/ junk yard fan shroud that works well once I put the body lift on? I don't want to order one from the vendors right now b/c my next project after OCBR is to install my explorer serp set up with an electric fan. I probably wont have time to install a taurus fan before OCBR so I need a temporary fix.

Any recomendations?

surveyor5

Loc.
Oakridge, OR
Somebody responded to that situation, couple days ago. I believe it was a Falcom shroud or maybe a Pinto. Should find it in the last couple days of Tech.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Do the Tarus fan NOW! then the serp after OCBR....Ele fan at OCBR be a good thing, your gonna idle ALOT!

fablife

easiest thing to do is use 2) pcs of thin flat aluminum and drop the shroud to match the body lift, use the same bolt holes. you'll loose a little efficientcy but it'll do. hth, JD

OP
OP
Banjer Picker

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Hey NYLES,The Taurus fan requires some cuttin' n weldin' from most of the write ups I've seen, right? Would love to knock that out before OCBR, but I dont see anyway to do that and a body lift (and the other demons that inevitably come out when you start projects) Sure as H*LL dont want to put myself in a position to have a non-running rig when it comes around!:eek:

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
easiest thing to do is use 2) pcs of thin flat aluminum and drop the shroud to match the body lift, use the same bolt holes. you'll loose a little efficientcy but it'll do. hth, JD

X2

I did that with a regular Bronco shroud from Jeff's. I had done a 2" body lift and was putting in a new 4 core radiator and it needed the offset between the horse collar height and the fan center.

I just make some 2" steel straps with holes, painted them and made a 2" strip of thin steel to cover off the bottom of the shroud to close it off.
It's worked great since..

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Hey NYLES,The Taurus fan requires some cuttin' n weldin' from most of the write ups I've seen, right? Would love to knock that out before OCBR, but I dont see anyway to do that and a body lift (and the other demons that inevitably come out when you start projects) Sure as H*LL dont want to put myself in a position to have a non-running rig when it comes around!:eek:

When last time body mounts were off? If been a long time or never....I promise you the B/L more work than the fan...I ended up cutting mine out with a torch...even if the bolts break most bushings sill wont come out. THAT CRAZY WASHER NUT COMBO THING IS A PITA!!!!!

Wish I had a tarus fan Id be putting it in.