• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help, I'm not able to decode my VIN:Update, I think its a franken Bronco...

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I went to the Broncohio site and looked up my 74, but I'm confused...

This is what I have so far

VIN on the Drivers Door Post - U15GLT46825 there is nothing in the data boxes

Data plate in the Glovebox - D7ZE-19A286-PA (the P could be a B it was a bit scuffed

So I know it's a U100 Wagon, with a 302, built in Michigan in Dec.

But I can't figure out the rest...Please help

Could be mixed parts?

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You are correct so far. If you post the info from the data plate on the inside of the glovebox door I can tell you everything else. Not sure where you got the D7ZE number from, it looks like a 1977 part.

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
The D7ZE and so on is from the Data plate inside the glove box.

That's what has me confused. I think I may have a Franken-Bronco. There is no info on the strike plate sticker other than the VIN, and when I compare that to the Data plate in the glove box it's all confused.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Ok, D7ZE-19A286 is an engine data decal part number from 1977. Does it look like the one in this picture? The plate should be aluminum and riveted to the driver's side of the inside glove box door.

Attachments

• 66-73 Vin.gif
    66-73 Vin.gif
    59.1 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
There is only the one decal in there, sounds like the engine data decal. Hmm...I wonder what happened to the rest of my data.

Thanks for the help, seems like I wasn't as confused as I though, I just didn't have all the pieces!