• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage License plate

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Here's mine. Front plate still has the 1974 sticker. This is my legal plate. The rear sticker says something like "Special Vehicle". I had a cop pull me over one time and never said anything about the sticker, he said he was building a Bronco and wanted to see mine up close.

Attachments

• plate.JPG
    plate.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 9

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
This is my Florida '73.

How do you find out what county goes with what number and what the letter means.
I think the letter has something to do with weight and the number is the county but what weight and what county?

I've had my vintage tag for about 15 years. Got it at the Turkey Run swap meet.
I didn't remember this when writing this earlier last week, but my wife reminded me that we could not find a 2 (Jacksonville) or a 7 (Orange). Jax being where the bronco was originally sold (and where I lived for about 10 years) and Orlando where I was born and raised.
My wife found the tag in the photo. She thought it was neat that it had both the 2 and the 7. It ofcourse is actually 27 and I don't remember what county that turned out to be but it doesn't matter the 2 and 7 fit me and my eb really well.

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Just put mine on today

yvapy5e2.jpg