• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Flare Location?

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I’m cutting the newly replaced rear quarters to install standard length/height Duraflex flares.

I’ve measured and marked the cut line like 5 times but want to make sure I’m centered over the wheel.

Would you mind posting some side profile pictures? Ideally 2.5” SL with 32s or 33s?

What is the distances from the quarter-rocker seam to the front corner of the flare?

What is the distance from the quarter-corner seam to the rear corner of the flare?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you have single, or dual tanks Jeff?
The driver side often causes a problem when trying to center it between the tanks, or center it over the tires.

OP
OP
jeffncs

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Do you have single, or dual tanks Jeff?
The driver side often causes a problem when trying to center it between the tanks, or center it over the tires.
It’s supposed to have dual tanks and I thought about installing a dummy cap ahead of paint to have the option….but wife said knucklehead kid would probably shoot gas all over the ground using the wrong one!

Short answer - 1 gas tank most likely.

I kept the old quarter panel skin to place the gas tank filler holes. Maybe I’ll mock it up and mark the front tank just to see where the flare lands.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I spent a lot of time to get this right, used a plum bob to measure the center of the rear axle to the fender and made sure the top of the flare was level, and the distance was equal . This is a 35 on 3.5 sl and 1 inch bl
also take a good look at it , some times it can measure perfect and still not look right

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpeg
    IMG_1137.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 30

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
It’s supposed to have dual tanks and I thought about installing a dummy cap ahead of paint to have the option….but wife said knucklehead kid would probably shoot gas all over the ground using the wrong one!

Short answer - 1 gas tank most likely.

I kept the old quarter panel skin to place the gas tank filler holes. Maybe I’ll mock it up and mark the front tank just to see where the flare lands.
Be sure to install the driver's side flare first. It is constrained by the fill neck. I have found that the flare often ends up in the fill neck a little bit as the flares get larger. Once the driver's side is installed, the passenger side can be made to match.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And pls put some junk in your garage, it’s making me feel bad haaaa
about mine

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Be sure to install the driver's side flare first. It is constrained by the fill neck. I have found that the flare often ends up in the fill neck a little bit as the flares get larger. Once the driver's side is installed, the passenger side can be made to match.
I’m not gonna sweat getting the rear flares matched from front to back as long as they are in alignment with the body lines. I figure that since you cannot see both sides at the same time, if you’re pretty close, it’ll be okey-dokey.
Just the way I see it.

Randy

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
center it over the axle center line. any tire will fit. don't center it with the body in play.