• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New products from Solo Motorsports

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They’re probably just assuming, and rightly so, that if you’re getting to this point in customizing a vehicle, you probably know everything about it. And everything about the aspects of change.
Unfortunately, from a business standpoint, that is definitely not always true out in the real world.
We’ve fallen prey to that ourselves over the years. Putting something out that was obvious to those of us that have been working on Broncos for years, but, completely new to somebody who just starting off and wanting a custom rig.

Solo Motorsports

Loc.
693 North Barranca Ave
They make some cool stuff, it would be cool to see installed pictures.
still not sure how you would get a softer ride with leafs springs instead of coils, but the travel is pretty good
thank s for sending
We just added Drop Box Link to our Early Bronco Rear Suspension Kits. Look under " Installation Guide" on the Product Page. We will upload more pictures once we get some better quality photos.

Solo Motorsports

Loc.
693 North Barranca Ave
I have it. It locks with a pin so no way the carrier pops off the latch while your driving around like mine does. My carrier it riding a bit high as po must have bent it and the new latch won’t fit. Another thing I have to figure out.
We designed this latch to improve the functionality of keeping it locked, as our old one kept popping open on us.
Also please contact us, we will send you a new latch (626-966-7656 or info@solomotorsports.com) We designed this latch on a bent tailgate striker (we did not realize ours was bent and was not to factory spec) We now have updated latch, along with making a new tailgate striker for the latch.

Solo Motorsports

Loc.
693 North Barranca Ave
Yeah, that one was added a few months ago. I can't quite figure out how it improves things - again, we need to see it in action.

Todd Z.
We have a video of the Latch in action on our Instagram. We posted it on October 23, 2023. We are trying to post more on YouTube for easier access for people who do not have Instagram. In our opinion this Latch has a better locking system than the factory one, and utilizes a safety pull pin with a detent to keep the tire swing secure in place.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We have a video of the Latch in action on our Instagram. We posted it on October 23, 2023. We are trying to post more on YouTube for easier access for people who do not have Instagram. In our opinion this Latch has a better locking system than the factory one, and utilizes a safety pull pin with a detent to keep the tire swing secure in place.
Thanks - I'm on IG and follow you - I'll go check it out.

Todd Z.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Also be nice to see what shock packaging they have for their 16" travel rear leafs. Why have 16" travel if you can't use it? Not an issue for us that fab but just wondering.

Nice stuff they have for sure.

Solo Motorsports

Loc.
693 North Barranca Ave
Hey everyone! We’re new here to the Classic Bronco Forum, please bear with us as we’re not super techy with forums.

We’d really like to stress that we are new to the Early Bronco Crowd. We appreciate any critical feedback because it’s going to help us create a better product for Early Bronco owners.

The majority of our experience comes from developing Off-Road suspension and parts for the 1980-1996 Ford Broncos and F-Series trucks that use TTBs. Our suspension parts are designed specifically to improve ride quality with on road driving or go-fast off-roading. We focus on wheel travel and controlling that wheel travel. We don’t have too much experience with rock crawling. Most of our durability testing comes from running races down in Baja California and our local So-Cal deserts.

When we bought our Early Bronco we knew immediately that we had to make it ride better. We worked with Deaver Spring to create a new set of leaf springs that not only provided lift but are soft enough to soak up the bumps. We started with a leaf spring that is a 10 leaf pack, provides 2.5" of lift, 2.5" wide, and is extended roughly 6" over stock. We quicky realized that we needed a second option for the people looking to get more lift. So, now Deaver is also making us a 3.5" lift leaf spring with the same spring rate.

These Leaf Sprigs work in conjunction with our Leaf Spring Hangers (Front and Rear) and Extended Shackles. The Leaf Spring Hangers need to be relocated due to the longer leaf springs.

For the people that have an aux gas tank and are curious about using our leaf spring kit, we’re not sure if our parts will work with the aux tank. We’ll need someone who’s willing to send us some photos and measurements, and we will cross reference with our measurements. Please give us call if you are interested. (626-966-7656)

As for the Double-Shear Knuckles page on our website. It’s our fault, as we did not intend for that page to be public just yet (you guys are quick to read our website lol). Some of the information on that page needed to be corrected.

We are upgrading our steering system to heimed steering with 4130 chromoly tire rod and drag link and are designing a fully fabricated pitman arm (basically a double-sheared pitman arm for a heim joint) As for the double sheared knuckle, our Early Bronco (1974) knuckle came with factory disc brakes (looks to be Factory). We are assuming the previous owner put on knuckles from a 76-77 Bronco. But the double shear tabs do clear for the disc brakes. The only concern we have is people running different 15” wheels. We are currently running 15” Alcoa wheels. The steering does get close but doesn’t hit the wheel.

I hope this information helps clear up any thoughts and concerns that people may have. If you do have any questions, please give us a call or send us a email. We do prefer speaking over the phone. It helps us connect more with our customer base.

Solo Motorsports

Loc.
693 North Barranca Ave
Hey everyone! We’re new here to the Classic Bronco Forum, please bear with us as we’re not super techy with forums.

We’d really like to stress that we are new to the Early Bronco Crowd. We appreciate any critical feedback because it’s going to help us create a better product for Early Bronco owners.

The majority of our experience comes from developing Off-Road suspension and parts for the 1980-1996 Ford Broncos and F-Series trucks that use TTBs. Our suspension parts are designed specifically to improve ride quality with on road driving or go-fast off-roading. We focus on wheel travel and controlling that wheel travel. We don’t have too much experience with rock crawling. Most of our durability testing comes from running races down in Baja California and our local So-Cal deserts.

When we bought our Early Bronco we knew immediately that we had to make it ride better. We worked with Deaver Spring to create a new set of leaf springs that not only provided lift but are soft enough to soak up the bumps. We started with a leaf spring that is a 10 leaf pack, provides 2.5" of lift, 2.5" wide, and is extended roughly 6" over stock. We quicky realized that we needed a second option for the people looking to get more lift. So, now Deaver is also making us a 3.5" lift leaf spring with the same spring rate.

These Leaf Sprigs work in conjunction with our Leaf Spring Hangers (Front and Rear) and Extended Shackles. The Leaf Spring Hangers need to be relocated due to the longer leaf springs.

For the people that have an aux gas tank and are curious about using our leaf spring kit, we’re not sure if our parts will work with the aux tank. We’ll need someone who’s willing to send us some photos and measurements, and we will cross reference with our measurements. Please give us call if you are interested. (626-966-7656)

As for the Double-Shear Knuckles page on our website. It’s our fault, as we did not intend for that page to be public just yet (you guys are quick to read our website lol). Some of the information on that page needed to be corrected.

We are upgrading our steering system to heimed steering with 4130 chromoly tire rod and drag link and are designing a fully fabricated pitman arm (basically a double-sheared pitman arm for a heim joint) As for the double sheared knuckle, our Early Bronco (1974) knuckle came with factory disc brakes (looks to be Factory). We are assuming the previous owner put on knuckles from a 76-77 Bronco. But the double shear tabs do clear for the disc brakes. The only concern we have is people running different 15” wheels. We are currently running 15” Alcoa wheels. The steering does get close but doesn’t hit the wheel.

I hope this information helps clear up any thoughts and concerns that people may have. If you do have any questions, please give us a call or send us a email. We do prefer speaking over the phone. It helps us connect more with our customer base.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/voql...ey=b13v7218jdhiamnjyquvpf4e7&st=dx56vj77&dl=0

Here is the Drop Box Link for more photos of the rear suspension installed.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Leaf springs work when set up properly, I'm really digging the bypasses in there, I've been saying for several years I need to build something that uses bypasses. I just have to accept the cost and enjoy the smiles :cool:

for many of us though leaf springs have to have some kind of additional torque management to keep from wasting pinions and driveshafts. Which has driven us to links with a coilover, ORI or coil spring/shock.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

I usually check your website every week (or sooner) for any new parts you have so I'm the guilty one of seeing those knuckles.

The Alcoas have 4" or 4"+ backspacing so I don't think they'll fit with the 76-77 knuckles (they usually require at least 3.75" BS). So I'd guess you have the F150/78-79 Bronco knuckles. But we don't know without pics.

I just updated my toolbox last night - thanks to some swag from Justin.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• solo.jpg
    solo.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 22

Comemonday71

Contributor
Hey Todd, nice Vintage Bronco (aka Venice Broncos) sticker you have there on your toolbox!

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey Todd, nice Vintage Bronco (aka Venice Broncos) sticker you have there on your toolbox!
Thanks - original from back in the day! That Protofab sticker is probably 30 years old too!

Todd Z.

Solo Motorsports

Loc.
693 North Barranca Ave
I usually check your website every week (or sooner) for any new parts you have so I'm the guilty one of seeing those knuckles.

The Alcoas have 4" or 4"+ backspacing so I don't think they'll fit with the 76-77 knuckles (they usually require at least 3.75" BS). So I'd guess you have the F150/78-79 Bronco knuckles. But we don't know without pics.

I just updated my toolbox last night - thanks to some swag from Justin.

Todd Z.
We will get some pictures of what we are building (y)