• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Willie Stroppe - RIP

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wilie Stroppe passed away Friday evening after a battle with cancer. He was 72. Willie was a frequent attender of the Fabulous Fords Forever Shows at Knotts Berry Farm for many years. My first memories of him were him driving his mother around in a golf cart at the show.

In later years, Willie became more comfortable with his role as an elder statesman in the Bronco community and started attending events around the country, often in the company of his longtime best friend, Joel Silverstein. Thanks to the generosity of Stroppe uber-collector Wayne Schmeeckle, Willie was able to attend many events in recent years, even as he battled medical issues.

Willie was a kind, humble guy who enjoyed sharing his life experiences and stories with Bronco enthusiasts around the country - and he made many friends as a result.

He will definitely be missed!

Todd Z.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Fortunate to meet him a few summers ago at Carlisle. RIP and condolences to the family.

4WHLFUN

Contributor
Wow, first Parnelli and now Willie! had no idea he was ill. Had the pleasure to meet him and listen to the stories at Stroppe 50th in Carlisle. What a gentlemen and ambassador to the bronco and desert racing. He will be missed.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I just met him this past December at the Sanderson Ford event. I have a picture of him with the Duffs.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
We honored him with a moment of silence at the MEB Round Up...God speed Willie