• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing paint from your bright trim

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
I searched the site to see if this was already posted but couldn't find it, so maybe this will help someone else out there. I had one piece of door window trim missing on my Bronco, and when I finally found the piece I needed, it was spray painted camo. So I started looking for something that would remove the paint, but not the anodizing, and found a product called Citristrip. Someone used it on some motorcycle forks and it turned out great, so I bought some and tried it. It worked like a champ! Slathered it on last night, wrapped it in cling wrap to keep it from drying, and when I pulled it out this morning, the vast majority of the paint wiped right off. Touched up the spots that were stubborn, let it sit for a few minutes and wiped it off. I took the trim out to my Bronco to compare it, and it looks just like the rest of my trim. Hopefully this will help somebody else out there...

OP
OP
dmoses42

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Probably not a ton of people keeping their old trim, or keeping trim at all, but I feel like the old original trim is better than the repop stuff they make. And I can understand if you are replacing most of your sheetmetal and will have to correctly drill new holes. But my old '72 was born with bling, so she's keeping it.