• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 Bronco Kingpin Dampener not fitting Dana 30

TheBroncoBob

I have a 1969 Ford Bronco with a Dana 30 Front axle. I removed the steering knuckle and the seal bearing etc. It was so trashed that its hard to tell what all was in there but I did not see a rubber dampener on either top or bottom when removing everything. I ordered the kingpin complete rebuild kit from Wild Horses and I am putting it back together and the bearing will not sit down into the race. Its about 1/4" higher than sitting flush with the race.

Am I doing something wrong. I will post some photos to assist anyone with knowledge of this to be able to help me hopefully. I see a lot of posts throughout the forums but no fix or clear answers. Its like they get it figured out and never come back to post the resolution.

I am new here so once I figure out how to post photos ill upload them.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA