• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Tricky EcoBoost Early Bronco Build

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I know I said no more updates but I had an idea yesterday and the part showed up tonight.

458250317-8162159690549255-8238252376821806266-n.jpg
We like updates! :)

OP
OP
Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Contributor
We like updates! :)
That shock mount is the rear from a 99-04 Super Duty. Seems like it is going to place the shock about right and lets it sit a little higher than stock 67-77 would. I might space it out a little more to get more height too, we'll see. Depending how much room I have between the tire/tub/rear seat I'd like to go even higher but it will take some creativity. This will be quick and easy for now.

I'm setting a soft goal of having this ready to run Fordyce around this time next year so quick hits win, I can always make changes later. Almost want to take the 6G now but I'm not sure I have the balls to.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Take this one. Running a trail in a rig that's not 50 yrs old isn't filled with finesse & perseverance. Goal set time!!! :)

OP
OP
Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Contributor
Before I burn these buckets in can someone double check me? These ovaled holes are a good reference point right? They are spaced identically on my other frame but this frame has the C channel bumper welded on so I'm not sure I can trust it.

PXL-20241001-221431189.jpg

PXL-20241001-221438503-MP.jpg

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
From thr front of the frame to the front of the oval hole I get 6 1/2 inches equal on both sides

OP
OP
Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Contributor
I found a cheap used Teraflex D44 diff cover on ebay and it's out for delivery so I guess today I'll be sealing up the front axle the last time for hopefully a while.

I had really hoped to get my radius arms done before I left for the Rubicon this weekend but I'm still waiting for my tubing for the extension. Ordered it 2 weeks ago but it is coming out of Asheville, NC so clearly they have bigger fish to fry over there and they get a pass. I'm back the 21st so depending on the situation at that time I might have to reorder from somewhere else.

OP
OP
Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Contributor
have fun on the Rubicon! I love that trail, wish it wasn't nearly 2000 miles away.
Thanks. Almost 1000 for me so still a special occasion.

Diff cover came and it was mislabed and is actually a Poison Spyder, but no biggy, basically the same thing. I still needed to tap for the air line before I sealed it up and wouldn't you know it, can't find my 1/4 NPT tap.

So instead worked on coil buckets, I didn't like how the EB coils fit the Barnes buckets so I figured I'd mash the old and new buckets together. Ended up gaining another 2" in height, more than I was looking for so I'm going to trim them down some more. Need to figure out something for that missing triangle too.

PXL-20241002-223632217.jpg

nvrstuk

Contributor
What day running starting the Con?

Got some NW buddies camping there this Sunday night and starting on the West end Monday morning. Then they are going to the SuperCel in NV.

Same group I went with last year on the Con.

We are planning a trip to Fordyce this spring if the river flows allow it (for crossing).

OP
OP
Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Contributor
What day running starting the Con?

Got some NW buddies camping there this Sunday night and starting on the West end Monday morning. Then they are going to the SuperCel in NV.

Same group I went with last year on the Con.

We are planning a trip to Fordyce this spring if the river flows allow it (for crossing).
Starting the trail Sunday. Also ending up at Super Cel after. I was considering finding someone to go to Fordyce with after Super Cel but I chickened out and will likely do Deer Valley instead. Our club is thinking of doing Fordyce this time next year and I'm really hoping the EB can be done for that.

I'm pretty sure there is some overlap in our buddy circles, I think you know Tim Booth? He was supposed to go with us but I think he dropped out.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Sounds great. What vehicle are ya taking thru?