• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear flares mount pattern

Lawndart

Loc.
I need to replace my rear flares as they are cracking. I purchased a set from LMC however they are pre-dimpled and do not match the 30+ year flares I am replacing.
I searched and it seems Bronco Design has dimple-less fiberglass flares. Any other vendors? Thoughts?

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
skip bronco design.......I was gona purchase some upper soft doors from them but after a year or more of pm's and emails they still haven't gotten anyfurther on making them. I finally said screw them and refurbished my old frames. I think the new owners might a tad overwhelmed??

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Not sure what you mean by dimple. Are you talking about dimples where you drill for the mounting screws? If that is the case then its doubtful you'll ever find a match. Wild Horses gorilla warflares are a flat mounting flange and they are tough - pricy yes but a very nice part.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I have two sets of holes in the fenders and quarters for flares. On set from the old fiberglass flares and one set for the Warflares. No one can see the unused set of holes...

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Warflares here ,no dimples. you choose the spacing.They are flexable enough that you don't need to use the welting. Mine had 2 sets of holes,trimmed one set off and flare covered the other.

OP
OP
Lawndart

Lawndart

Loc.
After some research and looking at many pictures online -heck, I was taking photos into photoshop, inverting colors and counting holes and looking at placement. Seems there are a couple of different sized flares (regular and larger) and a couple different hole patterns. My pattern has holes above and below the rear lower body lines; the other pattern has a hole between the two lines.
This post also helped me... (the second post by DirtDonk)
http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.php?t=275340
My old ones were plastic and measured about 45" at the outside bottom (small/regular size).
I did not take his advise and "GO BIG" but I started looking at the Bushwackers.
Broncohut has a good picture online of the Bushwackers and the pattern looked promising.

Ordered a set and... purfect fit in the same holes ;D
16627885946_95b8fab7ef_c_d.jpg

These will come back off this weekend for painting.
One small negative, these have a textured finish. Oh well.