• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Jakedog

I saw a video today of the new 2020 jeep wrangler eco diesel. 442 lbft at 1400 rpm. Guesstimates are about 30 mpg.
I hope ford is paying attention.

OX1

Bronco Guru
I saw a video today of the new 2020 jeep wrangler eco diesel. 442 lbft at 1400 rpm. Guesstimates are about 30 mpg.
I hope ford is paying attention.

They plan on making an all electric version and call it the Mustang Bronco.

rmk57

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I choked I was laughing so hard! What a bunch of idiots in Ford management/Marketing!

Dont forget, Ford was the only one not receive bailout money in 2008. I dont see a problem with an electric Bronco, after all well all be in one sooner or later.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Dont forget, Ford was the only one not receive bailout money in 2008. I dont see a problem with an electric Bronco, after all well all be in one sooner or later.

Might happen sooner than later on the electric.:eek:
Elon Musk and the Cybertruck...200,000 preorders! Wait ....What!

Think Ford is taking note?
I bet they are and I'm sure they don't want to be late to the party.
It's gonna happen.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA

My laughter came from the Mustang-Bronco part of that. Only because I have been following the "New Mustang Mach -E" What a joke. Take an icon of a car and make it into an SUV and electric... A Mustang is a Mustang, just like a Bronco should be a Bronco. The marketing ploy to make a Mustang SUV & Electric is a joke to me. I have only ever seen 1 poll on if consumers want electric cars, and that poll stated that people that wanted to buy them were in the minority. To me and I am not an engineer, battery power cannot be more efficient than say a diesel generator powering an electric motor. IE, Power company either burns coal or natural gas to create electricity, ( I know we have wind farms but that is so small of a percentage it is not even worth mentioning). Then electric is sent off thru the grid, excess electricity that is not needed at that moment is just dispersed at heat.( Global warming) As the electric is crossing transmission lines it is losing power just by being transmitted. Then Mr. green that bought his electric plugs in his car, all the electric that is being transmitted to the battery is not being absorbed but some more waste. Then batteries are charged but it gets cold overnight and more power is lost from the battery. Now Mr. Green is going to work and can't make it so he has to call a tow truck to tow his electric car to a station so it can get recharged.... LOL All in fun...... But I don't buy the concept that electric cars will help global warming/ emissions. I bet a dozen donuts that a small generator that you would use in an RV/emergency situation would have enough power to run electric motors to move your car.... but no research that I know of has ever tried this. I would guess that would be hundreds of miles per gallon.

Last edited:

Montoya

. I bet a dozen donuts that a small generator that you would use in an RV/emergency situation would have enough power to run electric motors to move your car.... but no research that I know of has ever tried this. I would guess that would be hundreds of miles per gallon.

I believe you've just described a Prius. ;D

76BroncoPete

Contributor
Anyone think Lincoln electric suv could be a preview? I know it’s built on a “skateboard” battery platform but wonder if the lines won’t be similar. Looks comparable to the Bronco R.

Attachments

• 1775E7C5-18DE-4A67-B026-ABE7CD36BE66.jpg
    1775E7C5-18DE-4A67-B026-ABE7CD36BE66.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 145

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
The manufacturers answer to their all electric cars is they need to design them so that the batteries can be removed and replaced at dealerships and gas/ electric stations very easily and quickly so that you can keep going on your marry way without a recharge. You could recharge at your house but just swap out when on long runs. Just like the rc cars our kids play with. Dealers make a little on the recharged swap and Mr Green is happy cause he feels he's saving the earth.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Has anyone seen any Bronco R race footage? I haven't seen anything on the youtube. Disappointed it didn't finish.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My laughter came from the Mustang-Bronco part of that. Only because I have been following the "New Mustang Mach -E" What a joke. Take an icon of a car and make it into an SUV and electric... A Mustang is a Mustang, just like a Bronco should be a Bronco. The marketing ploy to make a Mustang SUV & Electric is a joke to me. I have only ever seen 1 poll on if consumers want electric cars, and that poll stated that people that wanted to buy them were in the minority. To me and I am not an engineer, battery power cannot be more efficient than say a diesel generator powering an electric motor. IE, Power company either burns coal or natural gas to create electricity, ( I know we have wind farms but that is so small of a percentage it is not even worth mentioning). Then electric is sent off thru the grid, excess electricity that is not needed at that moment is just dispersed at heat.( Global warming) As the electric is crossing transmission lines it is losing power just by being transmitted. Then Mr. green that bought his electric plugs in his car, all the electric that is being transmitted to the battery is not being absorbed but some more waste. Then batteries are charged but it gets cold overnight and more power is lost from the battery. Now Mr. Green is going to work and can't make it so he has to call a tow truck to tow his electric car to a station so it can get recharged.... LOL All in fun...... But I don't buy the concept that electric cars will help global warming/ emissions. I bet a dozen donuts that a small generator that you would use in an RV/emergency situation would have enough power to run electric motors to move your car.... but no research that I know of has ever tried this. I would guess that would be hundreds of miles per gallon.
Not a joke, there will be no sedans built by ford inside a decade, everything will be electric and will be a truck or suv. The mustang as you know it will go away. That said,, I could easily see them bring the stang back all electric just like they did when they went to mustang2 and came back to just mustang.

BroncoChicken

Anyone think Lincoln electric suv could be a preview? I know it’s built on a “skateboard” battery platform but wonder if the lines won’t be similar. Looks comparable to the Bronco R.

That’s not a Lincoln. It’s the Rivian R1S. They’re a startup and have a truck with the same design. I do think it has really good lines, but it’s bigger than the Bronco will be, closer to a Tahoe/Suburban size.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
All electric vehicles sounds like a nightmare. The self anointed elites would love to kill any concept of individual freedom with the global warming hoax, but I think people are starting to wise up. The real big brother is far worse than Orwell imagined and there are millions ready to fight for freedom.

76BroncoPete

Contributor
That’s not a Lincoln. It’s the Rivian R1S. They’re a startup and have a truck with the same design. I do think it has really good lines, but it’s bigger than the Bronco will be, closer to a Tahoe/Suburban size.

That’s my bad I thought I saw it somewhere as the Lincoln Rivian.

68ford

Bronco Guru

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Seeing some new renders... other than the dumb frame around the door, not bad.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...tays-true-to-1965-original-139766.html#agal_0

2020-ford-bronco-rendered-139766_1.jpg

2020-ford-bronco-rendered_3.jpg

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! The doors are weird!

3 wipers like a Toyota Fj. Interesting.......

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I like it. It looks like it will compete with the Jeep line and its about as close to the early broncos that I've seen. The cage around the doors are probably added for safety for when the doors are removed. The actual bronco may not even resemble this one.