• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

StampedeOffroad

Bronco R was built on a 4x4 f150 frame using it's 2.7 engine trans and t case. It has nothing to do with the new bronco. It was built as a marketing tool. It was not built of the t6 platform as the article states.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_gJyOhFll/?igshid=1819nrcr0gj37

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_tCGXBN1H/?igshid=zbo0bue4ayda

What characteristics distinguished it as a F150 chassis instead of the Ranger it was claimed to be? Did someone else tell you that's what it was?

68ford

Bronco Guru
What characteristics distinguished it as a F150 chassis instead of the Ranger it was claimed to be? Did someone else tell you that's what it was?

Yeah, Ford guy at the race shop in volved with programing the OEM electrical work with the Motec race side of the vehicle said it's an f150. It's physically a lot larger and wider. The bronco R track width(outside tire to outside tire) is over 90 in wide. A ranger is somewhere around 70. You can see in my pics that the A arms are not that long. There's no way you could put short enough arms on that chassis and get it anywhere near a ranger width. A ams would be like 3in long and tires would rub the frame when turned.

Nickp

Leaked Bronco headlight??

2ptqbyj5kq741.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/FordBronco/comments/ehjqai/2021_bronco_headlight_u725/

murdador

Mr. Member
Imagine the replacement cost of that combined unit.
But it looks cool!!!

I don't think automakers care about replacement costs at all. To replace the headlight assembly on my wife's Subaru is eight book hours! Nearly the entire front has to come off.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
a year to go and still nothing except maybe a race modded version and a headlight?

Ford is going to be last of the pack.

Jeep will have it's diesel out by then.

Chevy Dodge will have new stuff as well.

Taco will be upgraded as well by then.

Come on Ford, give us a sketch at least. With hand drawn everything, they released the original Mustang drawings earlier than the rebirth of the Bronco.

They are missing me as a customer, I will be inside my need a vehicle window, and I am not buying first year anything.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
This is like being a 8 year old kid waiting on Christmas to come and it's December 27th. Come on Santa Ford.....I need to see this thing like I need air!

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
it would be cool if they start slipping stuff into f series commercials like views from inside a new bronco on a trailer instead of the horses view or at least one under a tarp on a trailer.

Hank

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tesla unveiled it's electric pickup, which won't even start production until 2021.

But Ford can't even leak a pic or anything of a truck they will sell in 2021.

Wondering if they are having issues...

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Tesla unveiled it's electric pickup, which won't even start production until 2021.

But Ford can't even leak a pic or anything of a truck they will sell in 2021.

Wondering if they are having issues...

Tesla is trying to make a name for itself in trucks, whereas Ford is the #1 seller. Ford has to keep things under wraps so they are not 1-upped before release, and Tesla really doesn't have competition in electric trucks. Different strategies for different market positions.

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Well, I’ve bugged my dealer about info and order priority list. He say nothing from Ford. Strange to me that can “reserve” Mach E, but not Bronco. Ford not famous for smooth, or timely, new model rollouts, so we shall see. Too bad won’t have “tank turn” feature
like Rivian electric truck ! 😂

https://youtu.be/7BkxjHkOvYY

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Well, I’ve bugged my dealer about info and order priority list. He say nothing from Ford. Strange to me that can “reserve” Mach E, but not Bronco. Ford not famous for smooth, or timely, new model rollouts, so we shall see. Too bad won’t have “tank turn” feature
like Rivian electric truck ! 😂

https://youtu.be/7BkxjHkOvYY

Unless you have beadlocks, good luck doing that with aired-down, high profile tires. If they had it lock one rear tire, you could use it as turning brakes.