• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone get to go on the ride along?

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Only day I could get there was today and the ride alongs were booked. Anyone get to go on one? I know they NB showed up dirty after the rides.
83891f49954eefd59eac3f1dd01ab0cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I did the "big" Bronco ride-a-long and Bronco Sport test drive. Ford has rented a piece of property with some old what I would call logging roads on it. Rutted in some spots steep hill climbs, a small rock garden/obstacle and a very tight and steep switchback. The Sport and the Big Bronco took different routes. You actually got to drive the Sport with supervision provided via radio. The Sport was a surprise. For what it's designed to be its very capable. We did not go through the rock garden but did go up a long rutted steep hill climb. It was raining and muddy when I took my test drive and ride-a-long, Sport had no problems. The ride-a-long in the Bronco was an experience. My driver was a trophy truck driver and he wasn't afraid to press the skinny peddle! We did 30+ mph down an muddy, narrow, rutted road that would have been a handful in my trail Bronco going 20 mph. I came away impressed by both vehicles. Lots of high tech gadgetry.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Had to "wait list" but was able to get in on a ride during the last session of the day...... AMAZING is all I can say. AMAZING! Technology and capabilities were beyond anything on or off the road. Here's my buddy Dave and I at the top of a ridge were we were able to get out and clean our pants out after a 30+ mph downhill decent on a muddy logging path.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Had to "wait list" but was able to get in on a ride during the last session of the day...... AMAZING is all I can say. AMAZING! Technology and capabilities were beyond anything on or off the road. Here's my buddy Dave and I at the top of a ridge were we were able to get out and clean our pants out after a 30+ mph downhill decent on a muddy logging path.
Dangit....guess I should have hung around longer.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
My driver was a trophy truck driver and he wasn't afraid to press the skinny peddle! We did 30+ mph down an muddy, narrow, rutted road that would have been a handful in my trail Bronco going 20 mph.

Who was your driver?

Todd Z.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I got a ride along in the red 2 door, same impression as Mac, sitting in the back seat hauling ass down the logging road was not an issue.

I'll try again for a ride in a door today.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Only day I could get there was today and the ride alongs were booked. Anyone get to go on one? I know they NB showed up dirty after the rides.
83891f49954eefd59eac3f1dd01ab0cb.jpg

glad you got to go at least one day brother...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Curt LeDuc was one of the drivers there

Nice....

Glad you got to get a ride..

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Bummed we didn't get called from the wait list. Have to say it was frustrating they didn't even use the virtual waiting list that was signed up for about a week ago.

Nevertheless great drive up and good to see you @Mac2Night and @phred! Been a long time since I've seen you!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My wife and I rode along with Fordman in a fourdoor, and my daughter, her boyfriend, and my dad rode in another, and we were all extremely impressed with the prowess of the new Bronco! It was amazing! The suspension, and wheel control in the GOAT modes is obvious that a huge amount of R&D went into it once you actually experience it!!!

I think that anyone that has any offroad wheeling experience is more impressed than someone that has zero experience offroad.

It's an amazing vehicle for sure! I never heard anyone express any disappointment in the ride....even the power of the 2.7 is surprising!

ransil

Bronco Guru
my one take away was I would have ordered a 2.3 l if i had an earlier test ride, i did drive an explorer or some other Ford with a 2.7l and 2.3 l prior to ordering the 2.3 had a vibration and was noisier, did not notice that in the bronco.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I was impressed. Our driver was great. Top speed up and down the trail was 45mph in the rain. Trail was slick and rough by the end of the day Saturday. The four door soaked up the bumps and handled nearly as well as my raptor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I was impressed. Our driver was great. Top speed up and down the trail was 45mph in the rain. Trail was slick and rough by the end of the day Saturday. The four door soaked up the bumps and handled nearly as well as my raptor.

glad you got a ride brother....