• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A ride down Memory Lane anyone?

kat

Loc.
Bristol
My FIRST ex wife was always one for pictures. And she was that one woman that would break out pictures on a drop of a hat. We still get along pretty good even after our 2 kids are grown and living there own lives, so when I asked her if she had any of our wedding pics of my 1st Bronco she was quick to send them.

So here is my 1967 Bronco that I fell in love with. Bought it for about $2k in '85 with a busted front chunk. Replaced the chunk and drove the hell out of it. It wasn't perfect, no door panels, Vice Grips as window cranks (old car parts wasn't on the internet), the bumpers were welded to the frame, etc.
When my wife got pregnant I had to sell it. We went on our Honeymoon for a week after these pictures and since I kept the Bronco in the yard uncovered, the seed that everyone threw at us grew grass in the floor board.

Damn I wish I had her back......the Bronco not the woman
51828783728_a04a0f28dd_c.jpg

51828783603_fc5ef15771_c.jpg

51828783703_6ef9ea0890_c.jpg

51829013834_6d34785785_c.jpg

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Nice, and thanks for sharing. I picked up a new to me 75 Bronco, on the eve of my wedding day in 1983. The fiancé and I rented a car for the wedding day and kept our rides locked in the garage.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The wife and I took our honeymoon on a grand tour of the Colorado Plateau, Monument Valley, Canyon de Chey, Sunset Crater, Grand Canyon and such in the blue '73. I remember a group of Japanese tourist coming out of the Grand Canyon Lodge as we drove up and marveling at the big tires as much as anything. "Big" meant 32s in those days!

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool, I like looking at old pictures. Especially ones of hotrod or neat trucks and Broncos. One thing I noticed in the pics is the tires on the Bronco, don't remember the brand name on them, seems it was something like Grand Prix or something like that. I had a set of them on one of my F150 4x4 trucks years ago, they were similar to the old Denman Ground Hawgs.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Around here a lot of Grand Prix brand tires were sold by Grand Auto stores. I used to think it was a private label brand for them but I don’t remember whether I actually ever asked them.

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Cool, I like looking at old pictures. Especially ones of hotrod or neat trucks and Broncos. One thing I noticed in the pics is the tires on the Bronco, don't remember the brand name on them, seems it was something like Grand Prix or something like that. I had a set of them on one of my F150 4x4 trucks years ago, they were similar to the old Denman Ground Hawgs.
When I bought it, it had 37 inch Super Swampers. Back then they were impossible to balance. Saved the money and bought a Ground Hogg knock off. I think they were called 'RVT"

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My FIRST ex wife was always one for pictures. And she was that one woman that would break out pictures on a drop of a hat. We still get along pretty good even after our 2 kids are grown and living there own lives, so when I asked her if she had any of our wedding pics of my 1st Bronco she was quick to send them.

So here is my 1967 Bronco that I fell in love with. Bought it for about $2k in '85 with a busted front chunk. Replaced the chunk and drove the hell out of it. It wasn't perfect, no door panels, Vice Grips as window cranks (old car parts wasn't on the internet), the bumpers were welded to the frame, etc.
When my wife got pregnant I had to sell it. We went on our Honeymoon for a week after these pictures and since I kept the Bronco in the yard uncovered, the seed that everyone threw at us grew grass in the floor board.

Damn I wish I had her back......the Bronco not the woman
51828783728_a04a0f28dd_c.jpg

51828783603_fc5ef15771_c.jpg

51828783703_6ef9ea0890_c.jpg

51829013834_6d34785785_c.jpg

haha, who can blame you :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Around here a lot of Grand Prix brand tires were sold by Grand Auto stores. I used to think it was a private label brand for them but I don’t remember whether I actually ever asked them.

keep in mind it is CA :p