• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Welding Helmet?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Gene,

We call those experienced Eyes! At least that is what all kids tell me in the office...

That'll work. I've also noticed welding inside requires more light as the older I've got. ;D

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
After getting flash burned with cheap helmets I figured my eyes are worth saving so I bought Optrel Satellite. Not cheap but it has nice features like a grinding setting, lots of adjustments to move the hood in and out from your face. Cheaper lens compatible, Solar powered, etc.
been using it for at least 10 years and no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snipi

Loc.
Mesa
I currently have a Miller digital elite and a Lincoln Viking 3350. Both are excellent, the my Viking has a larger viewing screen which is helpful sometimes but it weighs a lot more than the Miller (hurts the neck after a while). I used the Viking for the last 6 or so years with great luck, only changing consumables. The Miller I've had about two years, also just consumables. Can't go wrong with either. I do a lot of low amp Tig on stainless and aluminum and both have plenty of adjustment. I do less mig these days so replacement lense covers aren't a big deal for me anymore, but if mig is your primary I would compare the prices of replacement lense covers before you buy. Both companies will often sell odd color combos on sale for a great deal.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

BroncoBub

Got lucky at Lowes the other day and found the Kobalt Auto Darkening Variable Shade Hydrographic Welding Helmet on clearance for $29.95. Love the large viewing screen compared to my Harbor Freight one.

Attachments

• 20200303_140304.jpg
    20200303_140304.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 35

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Got lucky at Lowes the other day and found the Kobalt Auto Darkening Variable Shade Hydrographic Welding Helmet on clearance for $29.95. Love the large viewing screen compared to my Harbor Freight one.

I've been using one the Kobalts for about a year now. Really like it over my old Jackson flip. The kobalt has a grind mode to .

Kbpony

Picked up a performax (Menards cheap house brand) today on clearance for $28 minus 11% rebate. Figured for under $25 I couldn’t go too wrong. Anyone have any experience with them? Look the same as some of the other cheap brands out there.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Sentinel A50 Welding Helmet would be my next choice. if my Miller helmet craps out.
Amazon has it with prime.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I bought mine from Eastwood. Large viewing window. I am very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk