• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hopefully SHORT hiatus from Bronco Rehab

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Gonna have to take a break from my restoration project—-at least 6 weeks. Took a bad fall of about 10’ off my porch this past Thursday afternoon. Didn’t think it was all that has since I had motion and feeling in all limbs. Turns out I broke my back. L-1 is shattered but fortunately no cord involvement. May possibly be a surgical candidate if it is starting to heal at the end of 6 weeks. Will continue on bronco forum as I can at least use my IPhone and not risk paralysis.
At the least, God smiled on me as there had been a brick in the spot I would have landed...as in EXACTLY. I’m gonna be okay, just won’t be doing body work or any other work for a bit. I kinda had planned on this as a “retirement” project but may now be forced to retire. Lol
Randy

BOBS 2 68S

Loc.
Hudson, CO
DAMM!
Take care. I fell at work 7 weeks ago and got 8 broken ribs and a nice 4 inch cut/14 stitches on my forearm. Didn't even try to drive the bronco untill last week.

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
DAMM!
Take care. I fell at work 7 weeks ago and got 8 broken ribs and a nice 4 inch cut/14 stitches on my forearm. Didn't even try to drive the bronco untill last week.

I’m definitely NOT wanting to trade with you!!!! I’ve had 1 broken rib and just can’t imagine an additional 7!

And the sad part is that my contractor starts week after next building my new shop. Oh, well, I’m pretty sure my EB won’t have any additional rust when I am able to start back on it.
Randy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Wow! You got really lucky. God was smiling down on you. I wish you a speedy recovery, remember your Calcium supplements. ;)

Good time to research final interior options, create spreadsheet with costs of different parts, options, etc. And of course research all of them here on CB. We well.

Forrest

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
First 10 days are bad, then things start getting better. If the tell you to go to rehab, do it. Your body gives you 6 months to get back to its new normal, it's your pain and gain to get there. I started my restoration in Aug of 17, in Oct of 17 fell off a ladder had a TBI, dislocated shoulder, herniated disc. Do not remember any of the rest of 17. The bronco restoration was really my therapy for everything especially my brain. Take care, heal and good luck!!

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Funny thing: I’ve already seen at least eleventy bazillion things I now WANT to do to the EB.
Doesn’t hurt to chase loose ends while I can’t do any ‘real’ work. I do appreciate all the kind words and wishes.
Randy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Funny thing: I’ve already seen at least eleventy bazillion things I now WANT to do to the EB.
Doesn’t hurt to chase loose ends while I can’t do any ‘real’ work. I do appreciate all the kind words and wishes.
Randy
See, now you have something for your mind to focus on, go grab it. I have lists and photos and bookmarks for what I want to do. But my sciatica does get in the way at times. They guided meditation, it can help. And check out the eastern medicine where they speed up healing with electroshock, like tens unit but better. Healed buddy's fractured pelvis in 3 mo, not 6 for age group.
God Speed to full recovery

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
74 Bronco Billy, I will get my wife to buy a notebook and start my lists and needs. Have been banned from driving and am off work at least until I go back to neuro end of December. Would love to do E-stim but have pacemaker and it won’t play well with E-stim. The bad thing is that I’m an Rn and know what I’m SUPPOSED to be doing and NOT doing with a broken back, but it’s killing my morale being confined to bed rest. I guess I can “supervise “ the contractor starting Tuesday. Lol.
Randy