• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where To Ask "What's It Worth?"

redvettemike

Contributor
I am helping a friend sell his '74 uncut 31k mile Bronco. It is really nice. Where on this site does one ask questions about what such might be worth. Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
R

redvettemike

Contributor
I not very computer savvy. i do not see where to 'add attachments' (photos). Do I need to pay$ something to be able to post such?
Tks

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you have trouble pm me and I will give you my email. I will post them for you.

OP
OP
R

redvettemike

Contributor
Here are a few photos:

Attachments

• IMG_2394.jpg
    IMG_2394.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2430.jpg
    IMG_2430.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 152

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks real nice & clean! I’m sure your inbox will receive a lot of messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

redvettemike

Contributor
Here are a few photos:

The prices for these early Broncos are all over the place but it seems to us mostly high as a cat's back. Like I said, asking and getting are two different things. But we are thinking about starting at $49500. This is an exceedingly nice, rust free, unmolested vehicle. If you would give us your advice about that price.

ransil

Bronco Guru
The prices for these early Broncos are all over the place but it seems to us mostly high as a cat's back. Like I said, asking and getting are two different things. But we are thinking about starting at $49500. This is an exceedingly nice, rust free, unmolested vehicle. If you would give us your advice about that price.

Ok I'll be the guy to throw out a number your number sounds reasonable, but I would start at 65K first guy to lowball you tell him to go buy all the other ones in the lowball price range. ;D you can always come down after a month or 2.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It is nice and straight but at that price, the buyer will need to understand that it is still an old drivetrain and old parts. How usable is it without further investment to make it reliable and comfortable. If it sells for that I would be surprised. Knowing what it takes to update one, that price would be reasonable if it were mechanically rebuilt. Just my worthless opinion!

Matlock

Low 30's if you want to sell it. Underside and engine bay have been rattle canned. Drivetrain is old and leaky, looks like all bushings are due for replacement, brakes, tires, exhaust, etc....

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Low 30's if you want to sell it. Underside and engine bay have been rattle canned. Drivetrain is old and leaky, looks like all bushings are due for replacement, brakes, tires, exhaust, etc....

Also, the driver's floor pan has been replaced with an aftermarket. Pic #7 shows it.

OP
OP
R

redvettemike

Contributor
Here are some more photos of the bottom of the Bronco.

Attachments

• IMG_2451.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2435.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 56

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
value

It is still an old truck that will require a lot of work. I would say 25 tops.

rpmgarage22

As you can see, opinions vary drastically. However, you have a few very knowledgeable guys who have weighed in. Have you noticed they back up their “lowball” estimates with simple, fact-based reasons? Not the “I’d ask $100k and make ‘em talk me down” responses?

Have you considered investing a little on the forefront and having someone qualified actually inspect and appraise the vehicle? I am flying to a beautiful, sunny, Southern destination to do just that, this weekend.

I can tell you this: you will get a lot of responses with a post like this. But, if you really believe you’ll get an accurate valuation from posting a few dozen, two-dimensional pics, it won’t happen.

One of two things WILL happen though:
1) You will become convinced that it is worth far more than it really is. Then, you will sit on it for way too long, make no improvements or repairs to it, become increasingly frustrated with the whole endeavor, and risk it actually going DOWN in value (Yes...even Broncos can devalue!). At that point, you will become even harder to negotiate with while you curse those “$150,000 Barrett-Jackson ‘specials’” and end up “practically giving it away” and regretting ever “messing with them in the first place”.
2) You will not have an accurate understanding of its true condition. This will allow a savvy buyer to make you believe that “yours just isn’t in as good of shape as you think” and you will sell...leaving thousands (potentially) on the table. Then, you will convince yourself that you “got took” and “regret ever messing with them in the first place”.

That is a long way around to say this: if you want an accurate and defendable valuation, get it appraised. End of story.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mid to high 20's, I'd start at $35k and see what happens.

Get a feel by paying to list it on ebay with a ridiculous reserve. See what it does. Watch for scammers which are thick,

Starting at $50k means the drivetrain is pristine, as new, or refurbished.