• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where To Ask "What's It Worth?"

OP
OP
R

redvettemike

Contributor
As you can see, opinions vary drastically. However, you have a few very knowledgeable guys who have weighed in. Have you noticed they back up their “lowball” estimates with simple, fact-based reasons? Not the “I’d ask $100k and make ‘em talk me down” responses?

Have you considered investing a little on the forefront and having someone qualified actually inspect and appraise the vehicle? I am flying to a beautiful, sunny, Southern destination to do just that, this weekend.

I can tell you this: you will get a lot of responses with a post like this. But, if you really believe you’ll get an accurate valuation from posting a few dozen, two-dimensional pics, it won’t happen.

One of two things WILL happen though:
1) You will become convinced that it is worth far more than it really is. Then, you will sit on it for way too long, make no improvements or repairs to it, become increasingly frustrated with the whole endeavor, and risk it actually going DOWN in value (Yes...even Broncos can devalue!). At that point, you will become even harder to negotiate with while you curse those “$150,000 Barrett-Jackson ‘specials’” and end up “practically giving it away” and regretting ever “messing with them in the first place”.
2) You will not have an accurate understanding of its true condition. This will allow a savvy buyer to make you believe that “yours just isn’t in as good of shape as you think” and you will sell...leaving thousands (potentially) on the table. Then, you will convince yourself that you “got took” and “regret ever messing with them in the first place”.

That is a long way around to say this: if you want an accurate and defendable valuation, get it appraised. End of story.

We have had an offer from a legit buyer (whom i know) for $30. I thnk the truck is real honest. Some of the panels undeneath have been replaced but not many and the condition of the metal under there is very good (that is you can see no rust.) I am a retired guy in a second career of restoring these old cars. i have 4 full time guys now and and really plugged into the hobby. i have folks like this owner come to me and ask me to help sell their vehicles (not more that 4 or 6 per year. This will be a full disclosure type transaction. Tks for the advice. We wills start high and see what happens.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mike is a straight up honest guy, he will figure it out based on feedback given.

lil bronco

"Unmolested"? But floor panels replaced? If I were an interested potential buyer this would sound misleading or is it just me. Not trying to be an ass just saying.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Here are my two cents...whatever price you ask...whoever comes close then they take it. I dislike people that become their own auction site and just wait for the highest offer. Sometimes, those people are just throwing out numbers.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
"Unmolested"? But floor panels replaced? If I were an interested potential buyer this would sound misleading or is it just me. Not trying to be an ass just saying.

Not just you. In the 10 years I enjoyed the midyear Corvette hobby, this would not fly, but many of those guys were pilots who were VERY particular. Perhaps a different crowd here ;D

Merriam-Webster since 1828
Unmolested: not interfered with, untouched.