• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do I need a new one?

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is part of this clip broken off? It looks like there should be a piece that slides through the rectangular bracket inside the bell housing to keep it in place.

Attachments

• E2C97FA7-DFA9-436C-B451-8B951DF12C16.jpg
    E2C97FA7-DFA9-436C-B451-8B951DF12C16.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 199

mrdrnac

Contributor
I think you need a new one, it looks like the end of your spring broke off. You might be able to get the spring over the clutch pivot with a screw driver but not the best solution. Here is the picture of one I just bought to fix my clutch.

Attachments

• Clutch Fork.jpg
    Clutch Fork.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 141

mebco09

No good.

The tab sits in the indent in the fork. You are missing an inch or so of spring.

Don't buy a repop. Most of the forks are too short and don't hold the throw out bearing quite right. They probably will work, but the originals work so much nicer and installation is easier.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, got a new one ordered from WH.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Is part of this clip broken off? It looks like there should be a piece that slides through the rectangular bracket inside the bell housing to keep it in place.

do you? :D

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you can never go wrong w/new right? :)

You'll be at OCBR Right?
Yes, the whole crew will be there so we will have to take turns driving Burnie.

Was WH the better pricing, or easier shipping costs?

I didn’t do a lot of checking around but I got all my parts in two days which is saying something.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No good.

The tab sits in the indent in the fork. You are missing an inch or so of spring.

Don't buy a repop. Most of the forks are too short and don't hold the throw out bearing quite right. They probably will work, but the originals work so much nicer and installation is easier.

You were right. Do you have a source for one that matches the original?