• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Interior color question '73

mmccarthy

Loc.
Cape Cod
I have a '73 that the PO painted black from the original Limestone Green metallic (color code U). After having owned it for almost 20 years I am finally having it repainted in its original color.

I'm sure the dash and interior were green (the inside of the glove box is still green) but I'm wondering if it's the same green code as the exterior or if interior and exterior had different paints?

I have the Marti report which said the seats are Avocado, if that helps.

Thanks
Mike

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
yes. all metal pieces(dash/interior door surface etc) would have been limestone green. the only thing on the bronco that would have been white is the top and if it didnt have the stripe delete then the stripes would be white also. the seats and door panels and interior quarter panels would have been avocado. it should be a ranger since the avocado interior was only on the rangers. thats a great color combiation but goodluck getting the avocado. you can get it but it is difficult. lol

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I actually gave away a perfect avocado rear bench seat from my 73 to some guy back in 1997 :eek:
I guess because my grandfather, who owned a couple of new EBs, the first thing he would do when he got them would be yank the rear seat out and hang it on the garage wall under plastic and I would ride around in the back sitting on the wheel well.. Don't judge, it was the 70s. So when I bought mine, first thing I did was unbolt the rear seat and throw it in the corner.

Oh and my 1973 had the same thing done to it. Spray painted black and I think it was limestone green, never checked for sure that was the color but you can see some showing through.

Attachments

• 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 29