• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KbarS

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I am only guessing you are talking about Bronco Driver Mag. or page 46 of what?

nirvana

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
kbars

hello, what is a KbarS bronco??? sorry for the newbie question:)

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
kbars

During the 80's there was definitely a bronco at kbars that was painted exactly like that. No way to know for sure unless the owner knows.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Are you talking about the one in the bottom left corner? I see no pictures in my KbarS catalog that resembles the sand racer. The paint scheme is similar, but not the same colors.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.

KbarS was an early bronco vendor from the early 80's. They were located in Las Vegas. Much like JD,JBG, before WH. They went out of business or sold and was dissolved in the early 90,s.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
KbarS was an early bronco vendor from the early 80's. They were located in Las Vegas. Much like JD,JBG, before WH. They went out of business or sold and was dissolved in the early 90,s.

Actually it was along 2001-2002. I rode with Jon Karp on one of his "Ghost Town" tours in '98 when they were still in the old location. Stopped by in Feb of 2001 when I flew into Vegas and then rent a car for the ARCA rockcrawling competition in Johnson Valley-they were in the "new" location. Changes within the family made it almost impossible to the business to continue-a LOSS to the bronco community. I will always cherish my memories of sitting on Jon's back porch in Vegas listening to his stories of Baja, the Mint, etc from the early 70's. Also heard some interesting stories about the early bronco aftermarket in the 80's and early 90's........ :)

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
When I lived in Vegas, and had just bought my '67, KbarS moved to within a mile of my house. That was cool, and convenient! I think that was '96 or '97 when they moved to that location, and then closed not to long afterwards. Sad day when they shut down.
BooRae

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
http://cars-on-line.com/32201.html

" 1970 Ford Bronco Sport

Ford Bronco Sport. NO RUST EVER! This is the old K Bar S Vikings pool Bronco, used in their catalog. All Ford steel. Orig floor pans and rockers. No undercoating to hide damage or rust. Has fully rebuilt 93 Cobra 5.0, with B303 cam, 24lb injectors, 70mm Mass air, JBA shortie headers, and a single 3" exhaust. Art Carr C4 column shifted, and dana 20 straight shift T case. Rear is a custom Banjo housing with brace, HRW "N" case, Datona pinion support, and 1350 yoke. 35 spline Currie shafts, and 4.56 gears and a Detriot locker, with TSM rear disc brakes. Front 44 has ARB Chevy discs, and a custom truss. 3.5 WH lift, with Duff front hoops. Double Rancho shocks. 6 turn power steering, rebuilt, with Toms GM pump. 4 core rad. 6 point cage with extra bars, Beard seats, and 4 point belts. BFG 33's on 15X10 Americans. Rechromed bumpers, NOS grill trim, and a ton of time and money spent here. Nothing was cheaped out on. Bronco sits level, and runs down the road nice. Feel free to ask ?'s or stop by to inspect. I don't think you could build this truck for the price. Thanks for looking. "

70rdstr

Loc.
Elizabeth
K Bar S

I recall talking to John Carp, about the color of the Viking Pools truck, when he said the owner was selling it. I was put in contact with the owner, and we made a deal. When I went to pick up the Bronco, in 1990 (I think), I met the K Bar S group, and they were a GREAT bunch of people. Very friendly and helpful, and a ton of pics of trucks they built, and serviced.
I have very good memories of that trip, and their shop. Very nice Bronco's.

Now, I am selling the Viking Pool Bronco, after many fun years, and different mods to it, because I am trying to finish a different project.

Does anyone know where the Orange and Black Roadster ended up at?

broncojack

Contributor

Anyone that is still "kickin it old school" remembers KbarS. Their 1980 catalog had less than 30 items for the Early Bronco. There catalog cover truck Crazy Horse had a Boss 351 Cleveland in it. It inspired me so much that I built my own Boss 351 Bronco and kept the catalogs for 28 years!

Attachments

• P2050002.jpg
    P2050002.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 167

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
wow... I remember having that catalog... My truck still has the KBAR S items on it..

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
and all this time I thought we were talking about knives I was way off.

Last edited:

67ster

Bronco Guru
You might try Vegas Broncos.net or com-- don't really recall but some of his people may still be around.