• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KbarS

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
how do I subscribe to bronco driver mag? Resond fast I need something to read (look at) while I am on the throne!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A closing - time visit with John Karp back in '96 is what really got me motivated to get my first Baja. I'd helped a friend find a Baja before that in '94, but hadn't gotten my own. After talking to Karp for an hour and him photocopying his Baja Bronco brochure for me, it really changed things. His stories of the early days of modifying Broncos really got me floored.

I have very little KbarS memorobilia, but I"ve preserved many of the KbarS items on the former KbarS Balloon Chaser that my good friend Ed owns. Their trucks had a distinct style and class to them, I think. I wonder where all their builds are? I only know of the Viking Pools truck (currently for sale in CO), Little Foot, and The KbarS Balloon Chaser. I remember the orange and white Roadster (John's personal I believe) was for sale when I was there in 96.

Neat trucks and an important part of Bronco aftermarket history I think. Cool.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I believe Alan Souter has one of the K Bar S trucks. Here's a pic from an East Coast Bronco Round Up a few years back.

Attachments

• Drew RU June 25-26, 2004 128.jpg
    Drew RU June 25-26, 2004 128.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 111

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
All good information. My bronco has a K Bar S complete lift on it and some cool stickers on the windows I wish I had more of. I never knew to much about them other than they were out of business..

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
hMM...knowing the fate of most of the KbarS trucks makes me interested now in their fate. I see that pic of the changes made to that former KbarS truck...and I know my friend Ed has done a bunch to the Balloon Chaser. Actually that Viking Pools truck is reasonable intact as a good example of what they used to do. I remember a nice Blue one with Centerlines in their catalog too.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Why Yes, there is is. Really just a lifted stocker huh? Well, I like it.

77pony

Loc.
Utah
Half my rig came from KBarS. There was a time when, if it was for an EB, it came from them. I remember thinking that when they went under, that EB's were going under, too. Glad it didn't turn out that way. -al

70 sport WA

broncojack, that catalog info and the pics are too cool. I remember K Bar S from the late 90's, but very neat to see the stuff from earlier.

Thanks!

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Here is a picture Ive had in the garage for longer than I remember. Anyone know where this one is?

Attachments

• DSCN04500001.JPG
    DSCN04500001.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 75

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I thought I would add some photos I scanned from a couple of old catalogs.

Attachments

• KBARS 1.jpg
    KBARS 1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 63
  • KBARS 2.jpg
    KBARS 2.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 80
  • KBARS 3.jpg
    KBARS 3.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 84
  • KBARS 4.jpg
    KBARS 4.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 74
  • KBARS 5.jpg
    KBARS 5.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 93
  • KBARS 6.jpg
    KBARS 6.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 46

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know where the blue one is, but the orange one is in my driveway. Still has those seats. Pushbar is black now, M/T 15x10s, WH lift, Not as shiney as it was back then.