• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost for rhino lining?

muskrat

Bronco Guru
What'd ya all pay to have ur EB Rhino lined? I liked the look of the pro installed versus the home done roll on material.

twisted 66

Contributor
Loc.
Norcal-Tracy
What'd ya all pay to have ur EB Rhino lined? I liked the look of the pro installed versus the home done roll on material.

Look into Raptor Liner, I did it myself and looks just as professional as Line-X. People who have seen it had said the same. Just take your time, proper prep etc... You can do your tub with the four bottle kit but I would get 1 extra bottle just to go a little farther. The four bottle kit and gun is a little over $100.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I was just quoted today $500 from one place, $750 from another, and $800 from a third?? Call your local shops and they will give you a guestimate.

Last edited:

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
At least $500 if you bring it in with the interior completely stripped. If you want them to take it apart, it could easily be another $400-$500.

BitchinPaint

Loc.
Iowa
Another Raptor liner fan here. One nice thing with Raptor liner you can control how smooth or rough you want it to look like depending on how many coats you put on and the pressure you spray it at. Its held up well, still looks good after 2 1/2yrs

Last edited:

bosshoff

Contributor
My Linex was $650 over the top of the bedrails. I delivered the Bronco with driver seat, everything else was removed. Seat belts, weather stripping, etc.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I've looked into the Raptor and I like it but it doesn't go on thick like the Rhino or line -x does. That is why I'm doing the commercial spray in vs. the Raptor.
I think some of the other guys that did the Raptor said the same but let's see what they say?

Razorbackbronco

I've done Raptor on three vehicles and while it looks good it is nowhere near as thick as a professional rhino lining. On the tub of my bronco it holds up just fine, but on my pickup bed it gets scratched up very easily if you slide something heavy on it.

I've thought about spraying another layer on top of my bed to see if that helps the durability. I would totally recommend it for tubs and underneath the tub.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
It goes on as thick as you put it on. Literally that's all there is to it.

We always put it on the bottom of our cars and fenders on all of our full paint cars. I've used Upol and SEM, I personally prefer SEM. All in all it all shoots the same, comes out like goopy snot and 90 PSI. You set your texture by the amount of pressure you spray it at, and the thickness is all up to you. You can lay it on with a more smooth satin/sand like texture of make it look like it's got pebbles in it...

JoePro

whoa check out the one on ebay with rhino lined exterior...
(ebay item #141441601679)

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I used a product I bought from a member here called Liner Xtreme,great stuff and a helluva lot cheaper than Rhino and Linex,of course doing it yourself is a big messy job,good luck:cool:

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I think I may give raptor liner a try. Has anyone sprayed it underneath their tub before?

I did the underside of my fiberglass tub in Raptor 4-5 years ago. I put it on rather thick and used 1 1/2 kits. Its holding up great. You can buy individual cans thru your local body shop supplier.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
What kind of prep do you need for Raptor liner? Sorry for the hijack!;)

Raptor is a urethane product just like most automotive finishes nowadays. You can't spray it on bare metal. If you have bare metal you can prime it and sand with 180 since the product it thick no worries about sand scratches showing thru.

If I had bare metal showing I would just use U-POL etching. Let that flash, no sanding! Then apply a couple coats if their sealer, let that flash, then apply the Raptor. Make sure when you apply it let each coat flash off a bit especially if you want it thick. Doing it that way is the fastest and safest way to avoid corrosion and adhesion problems.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I've used Raptorliner on four different vehicles and completely satisfied. Even in the engine bay with my header about 1"-1.5" from it, and no problems from the heat. But nice to hear comments from allenfahey, who I respect as a painter. We did lay down a rubber bed mat over it on my son's F250 for "some" protection and keep things from sliding around. Any failures I have seen were from improper prep, the key to any paint.

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
I have used raptor in the past but now i use linner extreme and like it way better
944df5a1089ab9cf3c18a86ca6a99cb5.jpg

Bigbird

Where do you get the Liner extreme?

Nevermind. I found it..... Liner xtreeme.

Last edited:

Bucky66

Raptor fan here. Did my interior with the 4 bottle kit. It is true that with the 4 bottles it is a little thin and I have scratched it. I will be installing carpet though. What I like is u can touch up and also recuff it and spray over it from my understanding. The kit I used was the one I could COLORMATCH to my paint. Turned out nice and get loads of complements.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 55