• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insuring your Bronco and Other Classics Video

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Hey Guys,

There is often questions on insuring your Broncos on here so I decided to put together a video explaining classic car insurance to help address some of the questions that come up from time to time.

And being an avid Bronco fan and owner that I am, I insisted on having the Bronco in the video ;)

Take a look and let me know what you think. Also, if there is anything in particular you have a question about, let me know and I'll make sure to cover it in my next video.

Thank you guys.

David

http://lifelonginsuranceagency.com/classic-car-insurance/

Last edited:

bteutsch

These questions come up constantly on here. I personally still don't really know what would happen if my Bronco was damaged. I have a policy from State Farm. It's not their classic car insurance. The classic policy was very restrictive, or that's the way my agent explained it. Could only trailer or drive the vehicle to parades type of restrictive. So I have a standard policy, the agent took pictures. But I have a lot of questions still about what it would pay if something happens. Would it be worth the regular blue book value? The classic NADA value? What confuses me even more is my friend has a Bronco. His is lifted and fairly custom. His State Farm Agent Sold him on the Classic Car Policy. He even says they have an agreed value. But that's in direct conflict to what I was told by my agent. Since there was doubt I took my chances on the standard policy. I would not want to find out I'm not covered at all after I need the insurance because of a policy restriction.
Mine
5cb2b9645944c0e420813cd2466e09a7.jpg

80fef152fb9af6b92e3677298632a2fa.jpg

His

afdf479b32ab928e7681963f97bb9fcc.jpg

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Hey Bteutsch, If you have a standard policy, then you will only get blue book value for your truck in the event of a total loss. You do have some options though as there are some carriers that are less restrictive yet still provide the agreed value policy. I would suggest looking at American Mod or Safeco.

Message me your contact info and I can provide more detail and recommendations over the phone.

David

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey Bteutsch, If you have a standard policy, then you will only get blue book value for your truck in the event of a total loss. You do have some options though as there are some carriers that are less restrictive yet still provide the agreed value policy. I would suggest looking at American Mod or Safeco.

Message me your contact info and I can provide more detail and recommendations over the phone.

David

that's what I would do as well. Do your diligence in your search.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO

David

Look at you being the Ins guy! ;D

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Izzy, your thoughts on buying 2 policies for those of us who want offroad liability and stated value theft/collision coverage?

Sign up for a stated/agreed value policy with a mileage limit you can abide by and then also sign up for a liability only policy through your regular auto insurance company. Most regular insurance policies dont restrict offroad use so you will have liability and property damage for anything you cause to others on the trail and UnInsured/UnderInsured if you are injured by another vehicle.

Depending on the type of claim, you call one or the other company.

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
JefeAZ,

There are a couple of things to address in you question. The first is the stated/agreed value note. These are not the same so want to warn against lumping those together. Here is a quick article I wrote on the differences for your reading pleasure. http://lifelonginsuranceagency.com/classic-car-insurance-policies-and-the-differences/

As for having insurance while offroading, no carrier I have found yet will explicitly cover your vehicle while offroad. The comment about most insurance policies restricting off road access is not true. The absolutely can and will deny payment of a claim if the damage occurred while using the vehicle off road. Some policy specifically state "no off road use" others do not; however, the ones that do not have out clauses. For example, some policies state that they will not cover damage intentionally caused. They also will not cover vehicles design specifically for off-road use. These two clauses provide a carrier the ability to deny a claim if the damage is made off road.

I would be happy to review your current policy to point out if any of these clauses exist in yours as well.

With all that said, it is difficult to find a policy to cover your off road usage and majority of the Agreed value policy will not cover a vehicle that is designed or built with off road use as an option. There is one that comes close though which I will PM you some info on.

Disclaimer: I am only licensed in Texas so I am not trying to get your business, I am merely trying to help educate so you know what you are buying and what you are covered for.

Last edited:

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Ya I had a buddy with Farmers here in AZ and he took his Expedition on a dirt road out here about about 3 miles from the pavement. Same road that leads to offroad trails and climbing areas. He wound up sliding off the side of the road and jumped out before it dropped and rolled 6 times down a 50 foot cliff. Farmers totaled and gave him a great offer

ksbronco75

Contributor
i am insured through progressive. Their classic car restrictions were 2,500 miles a year. ill do more than that so i took out a 25,000 claim. I pay $160 a month for full coverage on that baby. wouldnt have it any other way. they had all types of claims on the classic car one too. has to be housed every night, low mileage, pictures every so often. im perfectly fine with the 160$ in order to protect my girl

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
ksbronco75,

Progressive is partnered with Hagarty in order to offer a true Agreed Value policy. You won't go wrong with Hagarty.

BigToe

Great info Izzy, I would also be interested in the policy you had mentioned to JefeAZ, I've been hoping to find some form of classic insurance without the limitations Hagerty has in place.

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Refreshing this post to hopefully help answer some questions about insurance for our beloved broncos.