• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Taz's Tailgate Assist Mod....

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Many people have been asking about this.
I'll give Taz all the credit as this was his idea from the beginning. He shared it with me and I said go for it. Ordered what was needed, When the parts came in. he started working on it. He had some challenges so he asked for my input. I gave him ideas and told him to commit to cutting, it was the only way to find out. We are fabricators so he dug into it. I went back into the house. A little after an hour later he calls me to check this out....

https://youtu.be/SoWWLER345E

I was impressed!

Parts are
Dee Zee tailgate assist shock for late model F150
EB tailgate cable from your preferred EB parts vendor. (We used only 1 side so we can do modification to another tailgate with another shock)

Cutting and welding to tailgate is required. I don't have measurements as Taz did this on his own. It was his mock-up from the start.

Last edited:

quic

Contributor
Thats a nice mod, was there any cutting done on the tailgate or just the strut bracket?

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Thats a nice mod, was there any cutting done on the tailgate or just the strut bracket?
Yes, there is some cuts on the tailgate and the brackets that comes with the DZ strut.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I need to figure out how to do this without welding haha. Mines already painted!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have a tire on my tailgate it would be nice if it worked with that. Smart kid daddy must be proud.

Big Slim

this is on the mod list now. any better pics and dimensions so we can replicate it? videos don't show it very well.