• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1" Body lift and fan shroud

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
I'm installing a 1" body lift in conjunction with a frame off. At this point I can do anything I want with the fan shroud or possibly even radiator location as I'm rebuilding the front clip completely also. With a 1" BL, is the stock location OK for the shroud or is there a better configuration? All of the modified shrouds listed are pointed at the 2" BL.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I would suggest trying first, to see where the shroud lines up.

When I did my 1" body lift, I did have to relocate the shroud, so I dropped the radiator an inch, rather than jack with the shroud.

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
i did a 1" body lift too. i just drilled new holes in shroud to lower it. very simple.
fyi...drill the holes with an actual drill bit. not a self tapping screw. ask me how i know

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I have a 1" body lift, and never moved anything! Everything is fine. Even after my body off resto/mod, it's still that way. 1" isn't very much to throw things off. With a 2" body lift however, you need to start making adjustments