• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

$110K Bronco???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I always want to call Thomas "Mark" for some dang reason, lol

panteramatt

Dude, I love bronco as much as the next guy but seriously? I would say that the best bronco out there is probally worth HALF of that price. Hell, you can get a mint 69 shelby gt500 for that cash!

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I just watched a video where the owner of Icon said his rigs will start at around $230k, if he is successful I would expect to see quite a few more of these $100k restores. Whether we like it or not, the Bronco is the first of the classic SUV's to cross the bound into true collectors pieces similar to muscle cars. I think we will continue to see them rise.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
I just watched a video where the owner of Icon said his rigs will start at around $230k, if he is successful I would expect to see quite a few more of these $100k restores. Whether we like it or not, the Bronco is the first of the classic SUV's to cross the bound into true collectors pieces similar to muscle cars. I think we will continue to see them rise.

The articles i have read all say that MSRP on an ICON is 150K. No way are they going to get 230K. Personally i think they'll be out of business at 150K. There just aren't enough Sheiks in Saudi Arabia that would actually want a Bronco over a 200K, bullet proof Range Rover. Whoever just bought this one for 85K is going to find out real quick how screwed they got.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
The articles i have read all say that MSRP on an ICON is 150K. No way are they going to get 230K. Personally i think they'll be out of business at 150K. There just aren't enough Sheiks in Saudi Arabia that would actually want a Bronco over a 200K, bullet proof Range Rover. Whoever just bought this one for 85K is going to find out real quick how screwed they got.

I just re-watched the video http://icon4x4.com/overview/br/videos/bronco-carcast (he tells the cost at 8:23) as you got me wondering if my memory was wrong, it was but still higher than $150k, he said they will start at $170k, still too much coin for me, but they do have 10 sales already. They sell in a different market, they do a lot of artistic projects which generates a brand and sell in an affluent market where brand carries a price tag. I am sure in that market their brand sells the truck. In all reality they are not competing with your average custom fab shop, they are competing with Ferrari. Growing up close to Palm Beach I get it, but I personally would not pay such a price for a vehicle. To people like that a Marquee that has an association with quality is worth the price as the amount of money we are talking about is insignificant to these buyers. But you do have to have a brand to get them to the table.

palmer_md

Loc.
Sacramento, CA

Really...over $500,000!!

I saw that one too...what an awesome piece of art. Would have loved to see him run the 1000 in it.

trophy_oly_lead2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpE4QLhmuE

[youtube]yEpE4QLhmuE[/youtube]

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I just re-watched the video http://icon4x4.com/overview/br/videos/bronco-carcast (he tells the cost at 8:23) as you got me wondering if my memory was wrong, it was but still higher than $150k, he said they will start at $170k, still too much coin for me, but they do have 10 sales already. They sell in a different market, they do a lot of artistic projects which generates a brand and sell in an affluent market where brand carries a price tag. I am sure in that market their brand sells the truck. In all reality they are not competing with your average custom fab shop, they are competing with Ferrari. Growing up close to Palm Beach I get it, but I personally would not pay such a price for a vehicle. To people like that a Marquee that has an association with quality is worth the price as the amount of money we are talking about is insignificant to these buyers. But you do have to have a brand to get them to the table.

The current DuPont Registry (May 2012) has an ad by ICON for the last Bronco from their first run on page 180 for $195K.

Two ads below it is the Krawlers Edge Bronco for $100K, says $150K invested in it.

I have seen that Bronco a couple times and know and talk to Thomas several times a year. Nice rig and I am sure his customer has a ton of coin in it. Custom one-off stuff takes lots of time, and labor and parts add up real quick.

The funny thing to me is that it seems that all of the people I know who have built or have had a shop build a truly stand-out nut and bolt custom or restored Bronco, most of them do not seem shocked at these prices since they know what it takes to make some of these rigs. This is especially true when a shop is paid to do the work as labor can easily be half of the total bill.

Granted, the $100K and $195K are getting way up there, but we have heard this same thing back when the first Broncos we knew of sold for $30, $40, $50K and so on.

On the same page in the DuPont Registry is one of the lifted and streched F-650 6 door pickups. Says it was a SEMA winner and had a $400K build cost and asking $175K. IMO, most of those rigs are just lame and pretty much useless parade type rigs, but to each his own. There are tons of examples of stupid money being spent on toys, so I do not mind that Broncos are getting some of the high end spotlight. It should only make the next one we sell worth more. ;D

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I have seen that Bronco a couple times and know and talk to Thomas several times a year. Nice rig and I am sure his customer has a ton of coin in it. Custom one-off stuff takes lots of time, and labor and parts add up real quick.

The funny thing to me is that it seems that all of the people I know who have built or have had a shop build a truly stand-out nut and bolt custom or restored Bronco, most of them do not seem shocked at these prices since they know what it takes to make some of these rigs. This is especially true when a shop is paid to do the work as labor can easily be half of the total bill.

Granted, the $100K and $195K are getting way up there, but we have heard this same thing back when the first Broncos we knew of sold for $30, $40, $50K and so on.

Oh no doubt, these people have built works of art. They deserve every penny. It's just too rich for my blood. Further if I had the coin to drop, I still probably would not buy one because I would want to build something 100% mine the way I like it. But that's the thing we on CB are not the target market for these vehicles. But I hope they sell a million of them, I love seeing anyone with passion for something succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.