• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1310 pinion yoke. Long vs short?

Bustedbroc

Contributor
Replacing my third member with this Speedmaster diff in 4.11:

1974 EB, stock with A5Q 4.11 axle.

They are supplying me with a 1310 yoke but it is of the LONG flavor. (4' vs 5" front to rear). Is that going to be an issue?
Their 3rd member uses a Daytona pinion support. According to Speedmaster, a 1310 long is required due to the Daytona pinion support. The only thing I can figure is that it will shorten and change the angle of my driveshaft slightly. FYI, stock height EB. The rear driveshaft is missing the double Cardan joint by the transfer case. That is the way it was when purchased and from what I have read it is not uncommon for this to be done over the years. I found this out after I went ahead and replaced all the drive U-joints this past winter. This EB will not see any real off roading, primarily for cruises and ice cream runs with the wife.