• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

17" Wheel Backspacing?

Ensane13

Loc.
Sandy Hook
I have a 75 with drums all around (also 69 with full disks) and I am looking to add 35" tires. I have 33's on 15's now. I am thinking 17" wheel will look the best but I am concerned about the backspacing required without having to run spacers. I have been told I need a 3.5-3.625 back space if running a 15" rim but 17" rims don't seem to be that low. It's looking like most are 4 to 4.5. Any suggestions?
-Chris

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I am running the 77 disk system with 17's that have 4.5" of back spacing and I have no problems at all.
The rim is about 3/8" away from my TRO hemi steering linkage.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I'd be more concerned about stopping those tires before going up in tire size.
Drums all around? How does it stop the 33"s now?

I'm running 37"s on 17" wheels with 4.5" backspacing and added 1.5" wheel spacers to clear the TRO but I also have disc brakes all around.

OP
OP
E

Ensane13

Loc.
Sandy Hook
I'd be more concerned about stopping those tires before going up in tire size.
Drums all around? How does it stop the 33"s now?

I'm running 37"s on 17" wheels with 4.5" backspacing and added 1.5" wheel spacers to clear the TRO but I also have disc brakes all around.

I don't have any issues stopping as of now but I didn't really think about that. The 75 is the one I drive around all the time and the 69 is in full frame up restore process. I don't want to sink a ton more money into the 75 since all my money goes into the 69. Maybe I will just keep the 33's. Too many decisions, haha

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I don't have any issues stopping as of now but I didn't really think about that. The 75 is the one I drive around all the time and the 69 is in full frame up restore process. I don't want to sink a ton more money into the 75 since all my money goes into the 69. Maybe I will just keep the 33's. Too many decisions, haha

Welcome! And it sounds like you answered you own questions. Stick with what ya got now and throw the money at the frame off ;D