• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

170 air cleaner assy options

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
Does anyone know first hand if a stock air cleaner assembly off a 60's era falcon or mustang 170 will clear under the hood of the bronco? I am having a heck of a time finding the bronco specific air cleaner assembly either dry or wet. I can find the standard assembly with or without snorkel on eBay all day long.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I have one in my shop. It was off a 66 Roadster.

Can't guarantee that I have one, but let me check.

66Uncut

Contributor
Does anyone know first hand if a stock air cleaner assembly off a 60's era falcon or mustang 170 will clear under the hood of the bronco?

Does this help? It's from the 65-72 Master Parts & Accessories Catalog. There's no mention of clearance, but looks like the 6 cylinder Fairlane, Falcon, and Mustang shared the same dry cleaner with the 66 Bronco.

Screenshot_4_30_13_5_10_PM_17309559.png

66broncofan

Contributor
Does anyone know first hand if a stock air cleaner assembly off a 60's era falcon or mustang 170 will clear under the hood of the bronco? I am having a heck of a time finding the bronco specific air cleaner assembly either dry or wet. I can find the standard assembly with or without snorkel on eBay all day long.
I've got a 66 170 oil bath air cleaner assembly that I would sell.

sarens

I have a 1971 Bronco that I would sell, pm me if interested

Last edited:

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry, but I did not find the one I thought I had. I must of sold it at some point.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
A mustang air cleaner with a dry filter will work. I ran one for a few years on my 66. I eventually went back to the oil bath setup. Just so you know, the oil bath will need to be modified to work if you convert to dual reservoir Master Cylinder. Its an easy fix, just need to angle it foreword a bit and modify the mounting bracket.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I guess you did not see this one on your wanted post?
$100 shipped to your door.

Attachments

• air cleaner 002.jpg
    air cleaner 002.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 36