• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

$$$$$$$$$$

TNDS80

Loc.
Monterey, TN
Hello all. I am new to this forum and was looking for some info from the experts. I am getting ready to sell a car that is worth $6500-$7000 dollars and I am wanting to use that money to get my first Bronco. I will also have around $1500 to do misc. things to it once I purchase it. In that price range will I be able to get anything that is in decent shape. I will only be doing moderate off-roading. Most of the miles will be on the road. I know there is a million variables that might go into this question but any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Look in the classiefids....yea you should be able to

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
For $6500 I would expect a street legal driving Bronco. While maybe needing work, you should be able to drive it while working on it. May not be the prettiest, but mechanically safe.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Doable depending on what you want. Patience is a real good virtue to have though, and if you are selling a vehicle to buy this are you looking for a DD? There are many on this site that are Daily Driving their Broncos so you may want to inquire as to what they feel are the "must haves" which will help you narrow down the search.

gtnorga

Also be aware of your local smog laws and if you will be able to get the one you buy to pass. For example if you buy one out of state that has a highly modified engine and is legal in that state but will be illegal in your state. You can blow your $1500 and then some getting one smog compliant. Some state have certain year cutoffs or regional requirements(city vs country)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You can definitely find a very decent rig in that price range.

Welcome to the site

OP
OP
T

TNDS80

Loc.
Monterey, TN
Thanks for the advice so far. I do not have any emissions testing where I live currently, however that is definitely something to keep in mind. Patience definitely is a virtue. I will try to wait to find the best one that I can. No this wont be my only DD. I am buying a junky little Ford Ranger to drive around some as well. I figure the Bronco will be down at times for repairs and the Ranger will allow me to load parts in the back.
Thanks again, if anyone else has any advice it is valued.
Drew

TK1791

Loc.
Boca Raton, FL
If I can tell you one piece of advice I took from this board over a year ago - it's to be patient. It took me about 14 months of looking around, and be prepared for some long nights scouring craigslist and classifieds on the internet. I've clicked on every city on basically every craigslist with the exception of like - Hawaii and Vermont. And I did this every day. It was painstaking, disheartening, and frustrating as a Emm-Effer. I also say make sure you utilize the resources on this board. If you find a rig, post it here. Odds are somebody has seen it, knows about it, or has an opinion.

Good luck in your search.

TK

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Hey welcome! While cheap (good) finds are getting scarce; they are still out there. For some of us that is only the begginning of $$$$. I would be intersting in a poll to see how much and how little people can get away with in relatiion to intial outlay of $$.

For me at least (and I know of a few others here), it's a disease. A welcomed one!

Good Luck finding a cure!

:cool: