• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Bronco Engine parts

FES66Bronc

Hello everyone. I am new here to this forum. I just bought a 1966 Bronco U15 with the original 170 ci 6 cyl

I am curious if there is a go to place for Bronco parts? Currently i need a radiator.

Also, any opinion whether a digital or paper copy on the original Ford service manual is better.

Thanks for any help. This is my first classic car to restore.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey there. Welcome to Classicbroncos!
There are quite a few good Bronco-specific vendors around the country, so it’ll help others here make a recommendation if you let us know what general region you’re in.
We are in Northern California in Lodi (www.wildhorses4x4.Com) and of course, any of us ship around the country.
But sometimes you can save on shipping (especially on something the size and delicate nature of a radiator) if you are able to find it closer to home.

There may also be local general radiator sources that you can still get a classic radiator from.
Are you looking to keep it purely stock? Or do you think you may upgrade to a V-8 someday?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hopefully your carb is in good working order, those are a platinum level rarity.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Makes me wish I had hoarded …I mean saved all the 6-cylinder engine parts from a swap to a V8 on another EB. I never thought there would be anything off it that would be useful and just gave it away (sold for scrap metal prices)…Never again will I be guilty of throwing away EB parts. Now I understand why my neighbor has 6 or 7 EB bodies and frames in his ‘graveyard’.

Randy

OP
OP
F

FES66Bronc

Hey there. Welcome to Classicbroncos!
There are quite a few good Bronco-specific vendors around the country, so it’ll help others here make a recommendation if you let us know what general region you’re in.
We are in Northern California in Lodi (www.wildhorses4x4.Com) and of course, any of us ship around the country.
But sometimes you can save on shipping (especially on something the size and delicate nature of a radiator) if you are able to find it closer to home.

There may also be local general radiator sources that you can still get a classic radiator from.
Are you looking to keep it purely stock? Or do you think you may upgrade to a V-8 someday?
Right now my plan is to keep it purely stock. I am in south Louisiana.

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
Welcome to the forum! If you look at the top of this page you will see links to some great vendors for parts for our rigs. Just click on 'em! Closeset to you (and me) is BC Broncos, but we have vendors in Michigan and Tennessee and Colorado as well as California as @DirtDonk said. I usually buy from WH, but I have bought parts from other vendors just to save on shipping. You'll find you can get just about anything you need, with the exception of those pesky 6 cylinder parts~

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Makes me wish I had hoarded …I mean saved all the 6-cylinder engine parts from a swap to a V8 on another EB. I never thought there would be anything off it that would be useful and just gave it away (sold for scrap metal prices)…Never again will I be guilty of throwing away EB parts. Now I understand why my neighbor has 6 or 7 EB bodies and frames in his ‘graveyard’.

Randy
Randy, is that you Randy?