• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Bronco Leaf Spring ID

dmohry

Loc.
Bethlehem
Hi there,

I am in the process of restoring my very early Bronco U-13. I pulled the original leaf springs off and notices that mine has 5 leaf springs on it and they are all curved with the same curve. There are bands that band together the 3 largest ones. The casting number on the smallest spring looks to be C6TA 5560F and has a small ford logo stamp under the casting numbers.

I have a set of springs that were off of a 1966 Bronco and they too are 5 leaf springs, 4 of the leaf springs are banded and the small helper spring is heavier than the small spring on the other set of springs and it is also straight. This set does not have a casting number on it.

I am not sure what should be right for my Bronco? I can't imagine that someone changed the springs on this truck and replaced them with C6 part number springs. I was told that all leaf springs should have a straight helper.

Please share your thoughts,

Dan

U13FL735

Hi Dan,

I just checked my 66 springs. I've got the 5 similar leaves like you, the longest 3 have a factory type clamp holding them together, 2 clamps per spring. Can't see any numbers or logo, but they're still on the truck...
I'm reasonably sure they are the originals...I've owned it since 1971 with 59000 miles.

Bob

77Bronco636

May have a different spring configuration for the roadster not having a hard top on it (is a lighter truck due to that)....just a thought.....

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
My ‘66 U15 has 5 leafs, 4 of which are banded together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk