• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 bronco single motor wipers

havelkla89

Loc.
sullivan city
i just purchased a electric wiper motor and wiring harness... to begin with the harness does not match the switch... i also need to know what side the motor is supposed to be mounted on... the driver or passenger side... im looking for information about this... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trey Havelka
Sullivans City Auto Parts
956-485-9330

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So Trey, are you saying you have a '66 and you bought a later model Bronco wiper setup?

If so, first you will have to either re-drill your existing holes in the windshield frame to match those of the electric wiper setup, or modify the link arms to work with the different spacing of your existing holes. Not sure if one is better than the other, but I suspect moving the holes is best.
The size of the holes is supposedly different as well, but I've never done the swap myself, so someone else will probably chime in on that.

The motor is to the right of center in the frame, with the motor body pointing back towards the driver, with the gearbox on the passenger side.

Electrically, you may have to post up a pic of the connector and switch to see if someone can determine what you have. It could be a generic replacement switch, or a model from a different vehicle, or whatever.

Good luck.
But pics will help for sure.

Paul

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
To post up pics, and get better info, you need to pay the $12 to become a contributor. It is well worth the investment. This site has endless information. Plus the money goes towards running the site.

Welcome to the obsession.....

Thats intersting, you say its a 66, but the plate on the dash says its a 67.

Scott

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Looks like it was manufactured in October of 66, which makes it actually a 67 Bronco. Kinda like how they began manufacturing bronco's in August of 65, but there are no 65 Broncos. Just an FYI. Most anything on a 67 will be the same as a 66 though.

Scott