• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1966 Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
City: Palmyra
Price: $ 24k

1966 Bronco, owned for 6 years, driven and enjoyed for the first 6 months, since then it's been in restoration mode with last 2 years sitting. Tub restored by local shop in Ohio and is supposedly ready or near-ready to paint, though I'm sure some finish work will need done once all panels are re-assembled. Front clip was mocked up for body work only (in pics). Frame cleaned, scrubbed, wire-brushed and coated with 1 coat of metal prep and 2 coats of POR-15. Original 170 engine and 3 spd trans replaced with rebuilt 351 and 4 speed toploader RTS trans (floor shift) new clutch, original transfer case rebuilt. Has original axles with drum brakes, 2.5" JBG Superflex lift and 1" body lift. I have everything to put back together EXCEPT windshield which was broken by body shop. Hard top has new paint but they didn’t paint the liftgate for whatever reason. Dash, doors, door panels, tailgate, bumpers, windshield frame, lift gate, grille, wheels, hubcaps, hood and seats are all 66 year-correct. Hardtop does not seem to be year correct based on what I've seen on the site.

INCLUDES:
Original doors - I used the spare set of doors that came with purchase, but originals are very decent
Front buckets, need re-covered but not terrible
Rear bench with black Pony upper, nice non-Pony lower
Set of 66 hubcaps +1 with dime-size hole in the middle? (5 total)
Ford Lightning upper/lower intake
All new Dennis Carpenter weatherstripping
Complete Master Body Kit (hardware)
All glass (minus windshield) with new seals (I think, need to check the big box of weatherstrip)
Stock exhaust manifolds, if you want them
Original Kool Rest Blue cooler I was going to use for console, in original 1980 box - Bronco was originally Arcadian (Light) Blue

NEEDS:
Engine needs push rods, front dress and intake (Lightning intake is not installed)
Still has original core support so it needs to be modified for V8 radiator
Master cylinder - I have the original if you want it
I would install a new wiring harness, but the original comes with it. I’ve rewired a 66 Mustang and the connectors REALLY come in handy!
Paint, obviously

I have everything that came off this Bronco, so no searching for smalls that really ADD UP. With some paint and finishing touches, this can be a great Bronco for somebody. If interested let me know, $24k

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1766.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG

1011190912.jpg

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
more pics..
IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3588.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3593.JPG
    IMG_3593.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3588.JPG
    IMG_3588.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3587.JPG
    IMG_3587.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3586.JPG
    IMG_3586.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Thanks Gup!

I will also include the PS box from my '72 that I failed to finish rebuilding, i took it apart for a leak and couldn't get all 32 ball bearings back in it, so I used a 4x4x2 box I had. The '66 has the original manual steering box.

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Sorry I didn’t get the email notification until 8:25 this morning? My number is 907 351 45four3 I’m off work this week so any time should be fine thanks -Jeff

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Yes it is, this is a current pic, all the paint-ready panels are inside layered with blankets (grille, hood, door panels, dash, tailgate, windshield frame etc)

IMG_3581 2.JPG

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Still for sale, afternoon/evening would be best time for call today thanks

ngsd

Bronco Guru
With the cost of reproduction bodies and wait times, this would seem to be a real bargain. Why is it still for sale is the question.

hummerdan

If I didn’t have so many projects I probably would have pulled the trigger. Looks like a solid platform to finish to your own liking

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Thanks, as to why it has not sold? Who knows...24k IS alot of money, at least to me!! Anyway too dang cold to worry about it much right now, maybe it will sell in the Spring, it ain't going nowhere :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.